Will she be forgiven

machelon

Registered Users (C)
I have a causin who entered the country on a visitor's visa almost 11 years ago, she stayed and never wnet back since that day. Now her parents have become US citizens and they would like to petition for her permanent residence. Is there any hope that she would be forgiven or at least given the posibility to get here green card. Is that pardon only given to spouse of US citizens?
Please help. Thanks.

The "pardon" as you put it covers immediate relatives. Quoting USCIS: "Immediate relatives of U.S. citizens are parents, spouses, and unmarried children under 21."

So if she's unmarried and under 21, she's in luck.

Thanks for the quick response. She's actually over 21...but she gave birth to a child here in the US a few years back, so when that child becomes 21, he can sponsor the parents and they would be "forgiven"...correct?

Thanks for the quick response. She's actually over 21...but she gave birth to a child here in the US a few years back, so when that child becomes 21, he can sponsor the parents and they would be "forgiven"...correct?

that is correct. 21 years:eek: Is she married to child's father ? Is he US citizen? Can he sponsor her?

yes she is married to the husband, but he is not a citizen.
I guess they'll have to wait 21 years.
Howcome its not 18?...by 18 kids can have sex...but they are not allowed to make their parents legal?...

yes she is married to the husband, but he is not a citizen.
I guess they'll have to wait 21 years.
Howcome its not 18?...by 18 kids can have sex...but they are not allowed to make their parents legal?...

Actually, I don't know if it is 18 or 21. I will surf and see what I can find out. Strange that the parents didn't file for her.
My guess is the husband is illegal also. Tough!!