Will my case be forwarded to the consulate

nishokie

Registered Users (C)
i am a little bit confused on this issue as I've read conflicting information on it.

My I-140 recently got approved and my PD is not current. So will my case be forwarded to the consulate and held at the consulate or will it be held by the NVC and not fwded to the consulate till my PD becomes current ?

Thanks

I understand it is different for different consulates. For India, the case is forwarded to the consulate and sits there till the P.D. is current - the consulate will give you a routine answer saying they cannot predict when they will call you.

thanks for clarifying. my consulate is bombay so i know now. hopefully, the PD's will move forward...i am so sick and tired of waiting.

Sandeep_N said:
I understand it is different for different consulates. For India, the case is forwarded to the consulate and sits there till the P.D. is current - the consulate will give you a routine answer saying they cannot predict when they will call you.

I'm in the same boat. I140 was approved on 04/29/2005 with EB3, PD 09/01/2002. My lawyer has not received anything from NVC yet.

bapunagar said:
I'm in the same boat. I140 was approved on 04/29/2005 with EB3, PD 09/01/2002. My lawyer has not received anything from NVC yet.

bapunagar,
let me know when your case will be generated by the NVC. My I-140 was approved 10 days back so I am hoping that the case should be generated within the next week or so....thanks

appan - thanks for that phone number of NVC. i have already called them twice just to see if my case was generated...in case i got lucky.

Nishokie,
I've been also calling NVC and by entering my EAC, hoping to hear new CASE no. but no luck so far. Also, with all these regrogress, I'm not too excited even NVC processes my case at speed of light. I'll let you know.

Nishokie,
FYI: My case was entered at NVC on 5/18/2005. I got the case no. with message saying that it'll take 4-6 week for Lawyer to receive papers.

thanks for the update bapunagar. my lawyer is such a jerk....she stells me to just relax and sit back and wait till the PD's becomes current....don't i have to fill out DS 230 or any of those forms...

what has your lawyer been telling you about the CP process....i am getting so frustrated. do we need to do anything from here on ??
thanks.

bapunagar said:
Nishokie,
FYI: My case was entered at NVC on 5/18/2005. I got the case no. with message saying that it'll take 4-6 week for Lawyer to receive papers.

nishokie said:
thanks for the update bapunagar. my lawyer is such a jerk....she stells me to just relax and sit back and wait till the PD's becomes current....don't i have to fill out DS 230 or any of those forms...

what has your lawyer been telling you about the CP process....i am getting so frustrated. do we need to do anything from here on ??
thanks.

you don't need a lawyer to fill the form .better you can do everthing of your own.keep lawyer away from the loop.

appan

i dont know if i have a choice here. my company has hired a lawyer and the lawyer does all the paperwork....i didn't even see my 140 approval. i only get notified when there is a submittal or an approval.

now as i understand, my paperwork will continue and will sit at the consulate till my pd becomes current.....but don't i have to fill DS-230 or get a PCC in the interim....but my lawyer tells me to chill and relax.

appan said:
you don't need a lawyer to fill the form .better you can do everthing of your own.keep lawyer away from the loop.

nishokie said:
i dont know if i have a choice here. my company has hired a lawyer and the lawyer does all the paperwork....i didn't even see my 140 approval. i only get notified when there is a submittal or an approval.

now as i understand, my paperwork will continue and will sit at the consulate till my pd becomes current.....but don't i have to fill DS-230 or get a PCC in the interim....but my lawyer tells me to chill and relax.

Did you lawyer has predicited any thing abt pd?

i was told earlier that i could expect my interview sometime the end of year or first quarter next year....my pd is below:

appan said:
Did you lawyer has predicited any thing abt pd?

Nishokie,
I FEEL very bad for NYTE_CRAWLER. All he needs is twelve more days to move forward for his PD to become current. Since my lawyer had filed G-28 along with I140, he'll receive Fee Receipt notice. If I understand it correctly, first they will issue Fee Receipt, then Fee will have to be mailed to St. Louis, then St. Louis will notify NVC, then NVC will maile you Packet-3(which shoud've DS-230 Form), you mail Packet3 back to NVC, then NVC will forward your file to consulate for your city in India. So...As you can see...There is a long way to go before you receive DS-230 and eventually your interview.
I asked my lawyer if he had any insight about the retrogress and he mentioned that there'll be a retrogress for EB3 for Indian National only. I hope
he's wrong. I chose to keep the same lawyer for CP his fee is not much and since he receives all the paperwork, I did not want to change the address and cause another delay. Usually, my lawyer prepares everything and mails it to me, then I check it and mail to VSC(now it'll be NVC) to avoid any mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Appan,
Sorry..It was nyte_crawler.. It's CRUEL that all he needs is 12 more days and he's STUCK with this further RETROGRESS saga:

PD 06/12/02 / India
485 ND 06/30/03
1FP 08/13/04
LUD 12/20/04
11/17 --> RFE Issued on EVL and paystubs
03/16 --> Called USCIS
04/05 --> Received message "On Hold because visa is not available"

Last edited by a moderator:
bapunagar said:
Nishokie,
I FEEL very bad for NYTE_CRAWLER. All he needs is twelve more days to move forward for his PD to become current. Since my lawyer had filed G-28 along with I140, he'll receive Fee Receipt notice. If I understand it correctly, first they will issue Fee Receipt, then Fee will have to be mailed to St. Louis, then St. Louis will notify NVC, then NVC will maile you Packet-3(which shoud've DS-230 Form), you mail Packet3 back to NVC, then NVC will forward your file to consulate for your city in India. So...As you can see...There is a long way to go before you receive DS-230 and eventually your interview.
I asked my lawyer if he had any insight about the retrogress and he mentioned that there'll be a retrogress for EB3 for Indian National only. I hope
he's wrong. I chose to keep the same lawyer for CP his fee is not much and since he receives all the paperwork, I did not want to change the address and cause another delay. Usually, my lawyer prepares everything and mails it to me, then I check it and mail to VSC(now it'll be NVC) to avoid any mistakes.

Bapunagar,
Did your lawyer mean EB3 or EB2 retrogression for Indian nationals only.EB3 is already retrogressed for India.

HELP- question about when the case is halted due to retrogression

I need some help. I am confused.

If the priority date is current and the employment based case moves to embassy from the Nat Visa Center. And in the 2 month that takes place before an interview date is given, the priority date subsequently retrogresses. In this case will the embassy stop the process.

What if they have already given a interview date and before that date the PD retrogresses, will they still stop the case and tell you to cancel the interview?

Also When is a Immigrant Visa number alloted to a case at the embassy? Or in other words when does the case become irreversible?

Thanks for your help.

Simon-X
See the exact text of his email: I asked him for EB3 only. I guess what he meant to say was that there will be further retrogress for EB3.
========================================================
We have many indications through AILA and other conferences that EB3 will retrogress for Indian nationals.
=========================================================