Will my case be forwarded to the consulate

confused cp

i have asked the exact smae questions to my lawyer...i am hoping my lawyer would respond back to me by monday and i'll let you know what i find out.

confused cp said:
I need some help. I am confused.

If the priority date is current and the employment based case moves to embassy from the Nat Visa Center. And in the 2 month that takes place before an interview date is given, the priority date subsequently retrogresses. In this case will the embassy stop the process.

What if they have already given a interview date and before that date the PD retrogresses, will they still stop the case and tell you to cancel the interview?

Also When is a Immigrant Visa number alloted to a case at the embassy? Or in other words when does the case become irreversible?

Thanks for your help.

Nishokie,

Were you able to confirm with your lawyer regarding retrogression? ie When is a Visa number alloted to the case? or when does the case become irreversible?
After you get an interview date, can they still cancel it if the employment category becomes oversubscribed and there is retrogression.

Thanks,

nothing new to report...still haven't had the meeting with my lawyer..apparently i was told that my case is on hold due to retrogression...i dont know what the lawyer is up to....really frustrating.

i wish i had the power to hire my own lawyer.....

confused cp said:
Nishokie,

Were you able to confirm with your lawyer regarding retrogression? ie When is a Visa number alloted to the case? or when does the case become irreversible?
After you get an interview date, can they still cancel it if the employment category becomes oversubscribed and there is retrogression.

Thanks,

its been a month now

its almost been a month now and i have been calling the NVC to check if my I-140 was received by them....

i looked up cptracker and it seems that most cases reach the NVC within a month after the I-140 has been approved....my case was approved on 7th May....is there any other way to check what TSC is doing with my case??

what should i do....