Will I be detained?

LostLove

I arrived here in 2003 from New Zealand on a waiver.
While I was here, I met an amazing man, a US citizen and we married.
He told me all the paperwork was done and I was now a US resident.
After living here as his wife for 8 years, we discovered we were not really legally married and in August of 2011 we were finally legally married in New Mexico. This time it was for real.
We moved to Texas and in September 2012 the love of my life succumbed to cancer.
Since then I have discovered, he had no will, the paperwork for me to become a resident of the USA was never sent in and I am here illegally. I have never broken the law in my life and don't intend to start now so I need to leave this beautiful country and rectify the illegality that has become my life.
I have scraped enough money together to go home to New Zealand, but I have to travel from Texas to California, then leave from LAX to New Zealand. I have no intention of returning to the USA. My only reason for being here was my husband.
I have renewed my New Zealand passport. I have his ashes and the necessary documentation. I have my marriage certificate and his death certificate.
Will I be detained at any of the airports, trying to leave on a one way ticket??
I have been through enough already, I don't think I can take anymore.

Thanks in advance

You won't have any problems leaving the country, but you will likely be banned from re-entering for 10 years at least.

Sorry for your loss.