will Cancelation of VISA STAMPED passport cause prob ???

NANC

Registered Users (C)
Friends,
I am on H1 visa visiting india.
I revalited my H1 vias on my passport, but I need to change my mother's name in my passport [by mistake my mother's first name was written wrong].

Passport office says, I will get new passport with a link with old passport, so my visa will be valid.
but us consulate/INS/port of entry dont know about my new passport, as my old passport no. will be on their record.

will i encounter any problem at port of entry or at any other process?
while applying for GC will I have any issue ???

can you pls tell me what may/will happen in my case. any suggestions are highly appreciately.

thank you friends.

-sam

NANC said:
Friends,
I am on H1 visa visiting india.
I revalited my H1 vias on my passport, but I need to change my mother's name in my passport [by mistake my mother's first name was written wrong].

Passport office says, I will get new passport with a link with old passport, so my visa will be valid.
but us consulate/INS/port of entry dont know about my new passport, as my old passport no. will be on their record.

will i encounter any problem at port of entry or at any other process?
while applying for GC will I have any issue ???

can you pls tell me what may/will happen in my case. any suggestions are highly appreciately.

thank you friends.

-sam
Changing the passport is a routine procedure. But you have to keep your both passports always with you. The visa should be valid though passport is cancelled.