Will BCIS inform employer/school once I485 is denied?

waitingformyGC

Registered Users (C)
If one is attending school or working for some temporary job (which does not meet AC21 requirement) and the I485 is denied, how long does BCIS usually give him to leave the country? Also will BCIS inform his school/employer to terminate his enrollment/job?

BCIS will send a notice of intent to deny I485. I think at least the lawyer will also receive this notice. You will have probably 15-45 days to respond to the notice and fix the problem. If the I485 is denied in most cases you can appeal (motion to reopen) and fight it. But once I485 is denied you have only a reasonable time to pack and leave (10 days?)

Thanks Jaxen. But I wanted to know if BCIS will inform the employer/school or not. For example, one has 3 month to graduate and he doesn't want to leave without a degree.

What will happen in this scenario?

So people can actually stay in the US after getting I485 denied? (I know that's illegal.) Will BCIS ask law enforcement to come to your home to deport you?

Those may sound stupid questions, but if one has a few months to graduate when he gets his I485 denied, he might need to think about - how can he continue to stay in the US for a little longer? if his school knows his status, then he has no choice but to leave. But if BCIS doesn't inform his school, he may be able to?

Yes they are supposed to do that. Has been happening rarely before 911, now is happening sporadically. Even rudolph gets caught one day...

Jaxen

Once I-485 is denied.You can file appeal,how much time do you have to appeal after denial and how much time does the fight in appeal court lasts.

You will first get a notice to deny. I think the case will be swift and quick. The denial notice will also tell you how much time you have to appeal . I think it used to be 30 days. Not many "denied" users frequent this forum.