Wife on H4 travelling alone

kaisersoesce

Registered Users (C)
I got married last month and my wife got an H4 visa. I have applied for I485 however it is still to be approved. I am on H1 until end of next year.

My question is: Since she will be coming to US for the first time alone on H4, will she have any problems? Should she be carrying any specific documents? Any help is appreciated.

BTW I got her H4 from Mumbai without an H1 stamp.

I got married last month and my wife got an H4 visa. I have applied for I485 however it is still to be approved. I am on H1 until end of next year.

My question is: Since she will be coming to US for the first time alone on H4, will she have any problems? Should she be carrying any specific documents? Any help is appreciated.
------ I don’t see any problems; just request her to be at Sahar airport about 3 hours before departure time. She has to fill up immigration check form; you can inform her steps that are to be taken at Bombay Sahar Airport. She should keep her passport with her in carry bag in flight. If she is going to drive in US then better she should get International Driving license from nearest RTO. if she is in Bombay she can get it from Andheri West RTO office, she has to show her current valid driving license and passport with visa stamp and pay the fees. When she reaches US you may have to file her I-485 for that she should bring her birth certificate (name DOB should be same as on her passport and if not in English get it translated on 10ruppes stamp paper and any notary will sign. If she does not have BC then she should get 2 affidavits from parents /relatives AND non availability certificate, if the marriage certificate is with her then ask her to get 2-3 copies of marriage certificate notarized, all have to be attached with her I-485
BTW I got her H4 from Mumbai without an H1 stamp.
-----Do you belong to Bombay? Which area if you don’t mind. I am from Bombay Andheri west Lokhandwala.

thanks ginnu

thanks. I was just curious if the immigration officers might start asking some weird questions. She has my VOE and pay stubs.
I am from Chembur area.