• I won't donate because i can't trust unknown people

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • I won't donate because i don't believe it will help

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Other (see the reply)

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by joyd
I am new to this thread, what is this donation about?

The members of this forum are collecting fund to form an organization to fight the I485 backlogs and other discrimination issues. The fund is for meeting the organization expenses. Please go to www.immigrationportal.org and donate money by clicking on the "paypal" button. It accepts creditcard payments.

Re: Hi Guys...

Originally posted by PradK
Just contributed $150/-. Don't like to use the word "donate"!. As others said, this is our cause...and we have to collectively work for it in one form or the other!

Keep us posted on the developments; let us fight this out!!!

-PradK

Great , buddy. It encourages many sleeping giants to wake up and join this fight.

Just a reminder for my lazy friends :D (those who voted for option3). Is it time yet ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a $50 "down payment". Dsatish, can you move this thread to somewhere common to all service center. I do not read VSC forum very often, and I assume neither do people from other SC.

I just made a payment of $ 100. If this organisation is going to cut down our GC process even by 6 months it is going to save money for all of us. I just spend $ 570 for EAD and AP renewal. I think this is an investment to reduce our future expense.

donations and co-operation with dummy names won't work

All the organization members and contributors and their names and other details have to be known if you are setting up an organization and asking for donations.

I don't think you can work with alias and dummy names and expect donations.

There is an organization already in place called
==>http://www.isn.org/

please join hands with them.

their web sites gives all the names , details etc.

please think of a better way to handle or join hands with this well established organization ==>http://www.isn.org/

Re: donations and co-operation with dummy names won't work

I don't see much activity going on at this ins.org. Maybe I didn't find the right link. I know they have done great job in the past, but I don't see fighting backlog on their mission agenda. Of course it always benefits us if more people are united.

Originally posted by dix1970
All the organization members and contributors and their names and other details have to be known if you are setting up an organization and asking for donations.

please think of a better way to handle or join hands with this well established organization ==>http://www.isn.org/

Re: donations and co-operation with dummy names won't work

Originally posted by dix1970

In your admiration for ISN.or, you have committed a serious blunder. All our names are present on our web site (www.immigrationportal.org). See the "About Us" page. They were there on the day we opened the website for public.
Initially, we have thought of joining ISN.org and we even contacted them, but they have put some conditions and restrictions on us even when we just approached them. Then Rajiv (our host) suggested that he can help us form our own organization so that we can work independently without depending on any one for each and everything. More over we have noticed that ISN.org is pretty much inactive now a days. We can't attract many people if we work on behalf of ISN.org . We find that this forum is the best place to look for the volunteers and we are happy about the independence we are enjoying now. BTW, i too like ISN.org and more than others, and i was the one who wanted to join ISN.org for the current fund collection. If you want to know my personal details, send me a private message and we can start communicating.

just contributed $100. I don't get much time to participate in other activities, but this is the least I could do. Keep up the great work dsatish and other folks...

Originally posted by strider
just contributed $100. I don't get much time to participate in other activities, but this is the least I could do. Keep up the great work dsatish and other folks...

strider,
I appreciate your sentiments..Don't worry about the time...contribute whatever you can...

I use to read a story as a small boy in India...
harmless ants united can kill a snake...as an individual we might feel that we cannot take on the might of backlogs but united we will overcome our common misery...

-rajum

Thanks ...But we still have long way to go

Thanks for all the contributors. Like the Pheonix, we are rising from Ashes. Let us make this campaign as one of the greatest comeback stories we have ever witnessed . Every one who contributes here will become a part of history when we achieve our goal of changing the laws for employment based GC people.

Here is the list of contributors(shown in alphabetical order) who have informed me specifically that they have contributed . If you have contributed and your name does not figure in the list, please let me know.

140_4_ever
Ajay92
ayansgp
coolchap
dilemma_struck
dsatish
edison
frantic
freenation
GC_SWIFT
GC_YEAHRIGHT
hidden_dragon
kailashr
kash777
kashmir
modern_slavery
MrCoolz
Pineapple
PradK
Rajiv Khanna
rajum
rawager
rk4gc
Samy70
sbctsublc
sgi
ssam
strider
TheEP
tr22
waitn2long
Waitneb
whats_in_a_name
yjay

PS: Actually, 40 people have contrinuted online and about 15 people (including core team)have sent checks. So a total of about 55 people have contributed so far. The problem is i do not know the user names of the contributors unless they post here that they have contributed. The target is to get 1000 contributors.

regarding ISN

Most of the ppl who started ISN have got their GC and hence it reflects in the nearly dormant state of that organization now. Once upon a time it used to be hubhub with activities, not any more. Hence you will always need new volunteers/org to keep fighting as time passes by and ppl/org start to fade away. Having said that, there are quiet a few volunteers who are still fighting on our behalf even after they have completed their painful journey. My sincere thanks to them....

Go ImmigrationPortal.Org.....

Contribution

I just donated $125 - my first online using paypal. I will also setup a recurring payment of $50 everymonth through my bank going forward until the end of the year. This will also enable us to save the 3% we have to give to Paypal on my contribution.

I did not know the campaign had reached thus far.

Like me, I am sure, there are a ton of people who have not contributed due to lack of awareness.

Suggestion:
Can the administrator/operations send a brief request for the contribution via email - just like they did for the signing the petition.

This will alert a lot people directly as opposed to waiting for them to visit the site and then 'discover' the proper links.

Thank you.
Rawager.

Re: Contribution

Originally posted by rawager
I just donated $125 - my first online using paypal. I will also setup a recurring payment of $50 everymonth through my bank going forward until the end of the year. This will also enable us to save the 3% we have to give to Paypal on my contribution.

I did not know the campaign had reached thus far.

Like me, I am sure, there are a ton of people who have not contributed due to lack of awareness.

Suggestion:
Can the administrator/operations send a brief request for the contribution via email - just like they did for the signing the petition.

This will alert a lot people directly as opposed to waiting for them to visit the site and then 'discover' the proper links.

Thank you.
Rawager.

Thanks for your contibution and your excellent suggestion. I will request Rajiv if he can send an Email. I doubt if he will do this because he does not want to get into fund collection issue. He will ofcourse monitor us closely about we spend the money. He has already vetoed us when we discussed about spending a little amount for advertising our campaign. He (Rajiv) says that we should spend the money only for organizational expenses related to Backlog reduction issue , citizenship law changes , current lawsuit and other directly related issues. So be assured that al your contributions are going to be used in utmost tight control.

I fully agree with you that we need to do more to reach out to mor people, beyond this forum. We need to start Email campaign where each of us (all of us in this forum) send out massive Emails to all our contact list. This is how ISN.org has collected funds. Let us start that campaign in the next week.

Re: Thanks ...But we still have long way to go

Originally posted by dsatish
Thanks for all the contributors. Like the Pheonix, we are rising from Ashes. Let us make this campaign as one of the greatest comeback stories we have ever witnessed . Every one who contributes here will become a part of history when we achieve our goal of changing the laws for employment based GC people.

Here is the list of contributors(shown in alphabetical order) who have informed me specifically that they have contributed . If you have contributed and your name does not figure in the list, please let me know.

140_4_ever
Ajay92
ayansgp
coolchap
dilemma_struck
dsatish
edison
frantic
freenation
GC_SWIFT
GC_YEAHRIGHT
hidden_dragon
kailashr
kash777
kashmir
modern_slavery
MrCoolz
Pineapple
PradK
rajum
rawager
rk4gc
Samy70
sgi
ssam
strider
TheEP
tr22
waitn2long
Waitneb
whats_in_a_name
yjay

PS: Actually, 40 people have contrinuted online and about 15 people (including core team)have sent checks. So a total of about 55 people have contributed so far. The problem is i do not know the user names of the contributors unless they post here that they have contributed. The target is to get 1000 contributors.

I contributed online by paypal. It was easy and quick.

Think about how much extra we pay every year for EAD renewal and AP renewal due to delay by USCIS. Now think about whether contributing for 'FIGHTING FOR WHAT WE DESERVE' is wise or not.

Re: Re: Thanks ...But we still have long way to go

Originally posted by sbctsublc
I contributed online by paypal. It was easy and quick.

Think about how much extra we pay every year for EAD renewal and AP renewal due to delay by USCIS. Now think about whether contributing for 'FIGHTING FOR WHAT WE DESERVE' is wise or not.

Thanks for waking up the community.

sbctsublc,
Your signature is wonderful.

Others,
I know that a lot of people definitely want to contribute, but they do not see any urgency in this. It is wrong. We are fighting backlog delays. So let us not delay our fight. The sooner we get enough money, the sooner we can have some one working for us to meet all the congress men on our behalf. We really can't do much without enough fund. So let's hurry up ad wind up this fund collection fast and start the actual work. Please donate NOW. There are a lot of senior people in this forum. It's time for them to come forward and contribute to this cause. "sbctsublc" should be a good inspiration for you. He took his time but he joined the fight with a thunder. Please donate and post it here.
PS: For any reason, if we can't collect enough money to do any meaningful work, we might return the money(full or partly) to the donors. So your money won't go to drain. Be assured.

I made my contribution today and will continue to do so. I feel that this is a wonderful effort. I really appreciate this and I want to join the fight as well.

Let us bump this thread very often so that everyone will get a chance to view this and come forward to make their contributions.
I had already spent more than $2000 towards my EAD's and AP's. By making this effort, I hope that atleast it will reduce the processing delays in the future and people don't have to suffer like we do.

My contribution

I made my contribution $100 today.

schang
------------
EB2, I485 (concurrent filing)
RD : 9/26/2002
AD : ??

Ead1: 12/15/2002
Ead2 : 12/15/2003

No AP