Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Other (see the reply)

Votes: 5 7.0%

• Total voters
Originally posted by leeya
How to vote?

Thanks!

Leeya.

Sometimes, people from other forums won't be able to vote. Never mind, please try to make a donation and post the message here.

D Satish, what would be the estimated 'seed capital' needed to run advertisements etc to get more funds? We'll anyway first need to reach this target before getting down to brass tacks regarding lobbying.

Perhaps if a general plan with estimates (say no. of publications, no. of ads, average rate etc) is spelled out at the .org web-site it might encourage more people.

one more avenue

Which I think may not cost much (mostly free).....
Most universities have their daily newspapers wherein is an op-ed column. People affiliated with the universities can opine in a general manner (maybe referring to the newspapers articles as back up). these papers are read by hundreds of people (faculty, students etc) who in some way have been frustated by the unnecessary delays.
It might be a good way to get our situation across to a large number of people at a negligible cost.

Re: one more avenue

Originally posted by ag28
Which I think may not cost much (mostly free).....
Most universities have their daily newspapers wherein is an op-ed column. People affiliated with the universities can opine in a general manner (maybe referring to the newspapers articles as back up). these papers are read by hundreds of people (faculty, students etc) who in some way have been frustated by the unnecessary delays.
It might be a good way to get our situation across to a large number of people at a negligible cost.

Thanks, We'll explore this option.

sent in $250 by PayPal a couple of days ago

I wonder if I was in the first $1000 :)

If I see concrete progress in the next month or so, there's another $200 coming.

And if I get my GC in the next couple of months, there's another
$200 :)

How much does PayPal skim off ?

How about getting Linus Torvalds to put in some money?
I hear it took 4 years for his GC -- he even made a
statement to the Congress on immigration woes.

Any other freshly minted gazillionaires who had to go
thru the GC grind?

waitn2long
--
WAC-02-135

Re: sent in $250 by PayPal a couple of days ago

Originally posted by waitn2long
I wonder if I was in the first $1000 :)

If I see concrete progress in the next month or so, there's another $200 coming.

And if I get my GC in the next couple of months, there's another
$200 :)

How much does PayPal skim off ?

How about getting Linus Torvalds to put in some money?
I hear it took 4 years for his GC -- he even made a
statement to the Congress on immigration woes.

Any other freshly minted gazillionaires who had to go
thru the GC grind?

waitn2long
--
WAC-02-135

Thank you my friend. Your donation is within the first $1500 among the online payments. The amount you have donated is the highest among all the online donations. Only one more person has donated $250. We definitely do not want you to donate any more. It's not good to rob any one :D . Let every one join this campaign instead of a few people doing the whole thing. I will be periodically making the appeals to the people and i hope that each time new people make their donations. After all it's their cause. BTW, i do not know this "Linus Torvalds " is :confused:
Paypal charges 3% of the amount as the transaction fees. So we got a net donation of $242.5 from you. For those who don't know much about how paypal works, i would like to inform that paypal does not provide us your credit card number. Even you can prevent your address from being displayed in the transaction.

I request more people to make the donations now. I always believe that if you postpone something, most likely you will end up not doing it. So do not postpone your donation. It's very simple. You don't need a paypal account to use paypal. You just need any creditcard to make a payment using paypal service.

Just Donated

Guys,
I just donated $103. I certainly like the idea of one of the member of recurring small donations. Say I want to donate $250 and I might not be too happy to give it all in one month there should be a provision/choice of donating in smaller investments. Also I think the "advertising" is a bit lacking in my opinion. Every member could be sent an email about this(I know I am opening up a bag of worms here) or make every group of the board have a sticky thread on the top and if they can click on any link and people are redirected via the immigration.org portal site. Just my 2c.

Great Work Guys. Keep it going

Re: Just Donated

Originally posted by coolchap
Guys,
I just donated $103. I certainly like the idea of one of the member of recurring small donations. Say I want to donate $250 and I might not be too happy to give it all in one month there should be a provision/choice of donating in smaller investments. Also I think the "advertising" is a bit lacking in my opinion. Every member could be sent an email about this(I know I am opening up a bag of worms here) or make every group of the board have a sticky thread on the top and if they can click on any link and people are redirected via the immigration.org portal site. Just my 2c.

Great Work Guys. Keep it going

Thanks for your donation and suggestion. We will certainly look towards recurring donations. Regarding advertisements, yes, we need to do more. We are only a trifle disappointed with the poor response so far and thinking what to do. We got total online payments of about $2000 so far. The core team members have made check payments before and that amount was around $2000. I think the check payments of others might have been around $700 (six or seven people said that they have sent checks). So the total collection might be around $4700 . And one of the core team members has asked his personal friends to make donations (they are not from this forum) and they have given checks for a total of $800 :) . So i guess we are having a balance of about $5500. Not bad to start with, but we still have a long way to go. If we reach atleast $10K, then we can go to next phase : approaching corporations for donations.
All those who have donated, please post it here so that it will encourage others. We just need 45 more people making $100 payments each, to make it $10,000. Atleast we can use that amount for publicity and small campaigns.

Great effort

I have just sent $100 online through Paypal.

I agree reminding everyone with the current status of funds and developments will help more people to spend on themselves (I do not think it is a donation). I will send more in future.

Please keep on posting this link in every thread.

All the best.

Guys,
We want more people to contribute to this fund. Organized effort is the only way to fight the USCIS. It's our organization and our fight. Together, we can make a difference. Let's not leave the fight half way and run away. Please remember that AC21 which is your only saviour in this GC saga, was a result of effots of a few dedicated applicants who formed an organization (ISN) and collected funds and finally achieved their objectives. We are going to do the same thing.

I have made a humble donation of $20.00 for this noble cause. I hereby appeal to fellow members to donate something if not a whole lot to enable this org to fight on our behalf. Dont sit on the fence thinking that others will donate. Together we can make a difference.

Thanks

Originally posted by kailashr
I have made a humble donation of $20.00 for this noble cause. Thanks

Kailash,
I strongly disagree with the word 'noble cause' . It's for OUR selfish cause :D
People should understand that they are not donating to any one. When they donate, they are becoming active members of the campaign against the backlogs.
I would like to say that each day more and more people are making donations and it feels good to see more participation. Those who have not joined (donated) before, please do so now.

Just to encourage ppl to donate, can we put the latest collection figures and our goal on the top of this thread?

Hi Guys...

Just contributed $150/-. Don't like to use the word "donate"!. As others said, this is our cause...and we have to collectively work for it in one form or the other!

Keep us posted on the developments; let us fight this out!!!

-PradK

I have just donated $100. I believe the lack of donation is due to the lack of awareness of such request!

Could we make this more apparent as to how to donate and how the donation will be used?