Why Only Empl Letter Rfe\'s getting approved bit not I-140 redo RFE

tailgate

Registered Users (C)
Guys, Noticed that what ever approvals are coming is only for RFE\'s with Employment letter(That is simple RFE\'s). Why is that I-140 redo RFE\'s are not getting approved in the last 2 weeks or so. Is it that VSC has kept these on hold for some reason even though I-140 redo has been approved. Any thoughts on this. Any body spoke to IIO regarding this.

No Title

Tailgate - I think communication between different sections is broken.
Otherwise there shouldn\'t be any variations!.Looking forward to hear more from those who have similar situation.

No Title

I spoke to an IIO today. According to him my case has been put on hold. VSC is waiting for some directions from the congress regarding cases related to I-140 redo (successor-in-interest, etc.). When I asked him how long will it take for congress to come back on this...1-2 months was the answer.

No Title

Mine is intent to deny RFE replied on 11/14/00. But PD became current only on 1st of Feb 2001. I can\'t understand why mine is not approved. Mine is not a I140 redo. I think they have not revisited Aug\'99 files or may be all approvals are on hold.....

No Title

Looks like Some Matech/Igate people have also been told the same. Look at the URL aboveThe way it looks like that
I-140 redo cases are on hold as we are not seeing any approvals in the recent past. I knew
of friends who used to get 485 approval with 3-4 days of I-140 approval. I just hope this is
not true but it doesnt seem like it. Any comments for Redo waiters, Govinda Vinod etc.

No Title

Sorry forgot the URL
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?14@@.ee8d7cd/298
Looks like Some Matech/Igate people have also been told the same. Look at the URL aboveThe way it looks like that
I-140 redo cases are on hold as we are not seeing any approvals in the recent past. I knew
of friends who used to get 485 approval with 3-4 days of I-140 approval. I just hope this is
not true but it doesnt seem like it. Any comments for Redo waiters, Govinda Vinod etc.

No Title

Monan - Do you mind telling more about your conversation with IIO?.If you don\'t mind ,let\'s begin with your case.Did you change employer or company name changed/aquired?.

Was the IIO talking for all such name change/aquisitions only OR for those who have changed employers after filing 485, my impression has been INS is waiting for directions on portability of 140...etc.
It was kind of confirmed by some of our fellow board members aswell.

No Title

Kuru Murthy - In my case, company name has changed. The IIO was speaking about my case which has been put on hold till they get clear instructions regarding portability of I140 ...etc.
It looks like they will not even issue an RFE for amended I140 till they get instructions from congress.

No Title

Well, the one approval posted today somewhat disproves this theory. Also, if they are not going to send out "EVEN RFE"s for I-140 redo, then what are they going to do? Just approve the petitions? Or jsut keep them on hold? I don\'t think so, even though none of us can be sure about anything - even the INS can\'t they are behaving so randomly between centers and even within the same center....

Here is the link
http://www.immigrationportal.com/WebX?50@@.eeeaee0/0

No Title

In the case of approval posted today...amended I140 was approved last year. I think VSC started putting such cases on hold after Bush came to power on Jan 20. The Bush administration has put all last minute legislation passed by Clinton on hold till further reviwed. Unfortunately, I140 portability issue also came under that review.

This is only my understanding.

No Title

You may be right, but I can\'t make any sense out of it. My I-140(redo) was approved on Dec 21st and I got a second RFE on Jan 25th for emp. ver. letter & pay-stubs. Sent them in immediately and am waiting since Jan 31st. So, the I-140 was approved last year too.
Samyukta\'s I-140 redo was approved on Dec 05th, and has not heard from the INS since. That is also last year. So you mean only I-140\'s approved after Jan 19th 2001 are on hold????
    And the I-140 portability issue, as pertaining to the point that we have now, was NOT part of the legislation signed by former President Clinton - it was part of laws existing much earlier. I distinctly remember my lawyer telling me while filing for my I-485 in Aug, 1999 (my compnay had already undergone a merger at that point) that the INS is likely to request that we redo the I-140 petition. The new law, if at all, only makes it easier by stating that a petitioner can switch employers (of course, subject to certain conditions that are yet to be elaborated), after applying for their I-485, but before the petition is approved. This part of the new law, will make the issue of I-140 redo (fairly) redundant as the petitioner has the freedom to switch jobs after applying for their I-485.
    If you remember, INS Vermont started issuing I-140 redo RFEs left, right & center after an audit in Aug/Sep of last year. They have approved so many petitions under that category even before president Clinton signed the new legislation into law on Oct 17, 2000. So, while I agree that there may be something that they may doing, I can\'t make any sense out of the information that we have with us now. Do you know anything else? Can you explain the converstion that you had with the IIO for the rest of us????

Thanks in adavance....

No Title

The IIO told me that my application has been put on hold till further guidelines are received from Congress. He told me that my case is on hold because of name change of my company (I am interpreting this as that VSC is not clear whether to issue an RFE for I140 redo or approve the petition based on the new law).

No Title

Thank you for your prompt reply. That expalnation, according to me, should make the theory a little bit more of a remote possibility. So, if the INS is debating whether or not to issue I-140 redo RFEs in the cases where there is a corporate merger/acquisition and/or a compnay name change, they should have no problem in approving the I-485 cases where there is already an amended I-140 - because they now have 2 approved I-140s instead of 1, and either way, they are fine.
    But anyways, what are your details? I was not able to get any information on your case from this site. Do you mind posting your details? And more precisely, have you applied for an I-140 redo? Has that been approved? Are you waiting for your I-140 approval after that????

Thanks & Regards....

No Title

Monan,
What is the status of ur case. Is ur I-140 redo approved or u are waiting for a RFE from VSC since company name changed. Because u mentioned that INS is not issuing RFE\'s also for I-140 redo until they hear from congress. Kindly post ur RFE details and if and when I-140 redo was approved.

No Title

tailgate,
My details are as follows:
PD: 04/97
ND: 9/99
FP: 08/2000
No RFE\'s yet.

My case has been assigned to the officer in jan 2001 according to IIO. Now it has been put on hold. I was expecting an RFE for I140 redo due to name change. Now I dont know what to expect.

No Title

That is probably why the IIO told you so. They are contemplating whether or not to send I-140 redo RFEs (maybe also even other RFEs like employment verification letter, pay-stubs, etc.) to I-1485 petitioners. And the IIO (most probably) DID NOT MEAN that they are not processing I-485 petitions where an I-140 redo has already been approved....

No Title

Thanks Govinda Vinod -Now that we know Monan\'s case info. it\'s kind of reassuring to know this case is different from those who are waiting post I140-Redo.(Monan,I am saying we are all in the same boat perhaps may be in different sections!).

No Title

Hello Guys,
I have calledup INS on friday i.e 2/16/01.My I140 Amend was approved in Jan/2001.
Eb3,INDIA,RD/ND: 3/99.

IIO said my case is on HOLD until they here from INS headquarters on these kind of cases.
She said it could take 1 to 2 months.

It\'s really frustating guys...