Why more time citizen than resident?

fcheshire

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
While my wife was a permanent resident she filed an I-130 for her unmarried thirty year old daughter in Colombia. We received a NOA in 9/05. Now my wife is a naturalized citizen. Some old foum messages suggest "upgrading the petition". But as I look at the California Service Center Processing Dates, it seems like they are processing citizen's children further back than resident's children. Am I misreading? Should we repeticion or be telling immigration that the petitioner's status has changed?
Thank you,
Fred

How determine time from Visa table?

Wow,
Now I am really confused when I look at the Visa table.
How do I get any time estimate on wife's (naturalized citizen) getting a Colombian visa number, and difference in time as daughter of citizen or daughter of permanent resident? Do we file the I-130 again? Does the center's processing dates still relate to us, then the visa wait begins?
Thank you,
Fred

What do you mean by a Colombian visa number? I'm assuming a visa number for someone to become a US permanent resident for someone who's from Colombia?

First, you need to know your wife's daughter's priority date. She can retain the same PD after your wife upgrades the petition. Someone born in Columbia would fall under the "All Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed" column. Look for family preference F1 (unmarried son/daughter of US citizen) or F2B (unmarried son/daughter of LPR) and you see the PDs for which a visa number is currently becoming available. My guess is you'll like better what you see in the F1 category. How long will it take for a PD to come current based on the PDs that are currently processing ... that's anyone's guess. As a first guess, you could go by the time difference between your wife's daughter's PD and the PDs currently coming current; however, often they move slower, might move backward, or make big jumps, or hardly move at all from month to month. Your best guess is to keep monitoring the visa bulletin over time.

Last edited by a moderator:
relationship between service center date and isa

Thank you for patience.
I will file for AOS (adjustment of status)
Please check to see if this is correct-
We will be notified by the USCIS when the I-130 petition is approved. (Service center is about 6 months behind her PD)
We will be notified by the Department of State when a visa number is available. (F1’s are currently doing 02)
Then daughter goes to the local U.S. consulate in Colombia to complete visa processing.
Thank you,
Fred

whoops,
i sent the I130 to the california service center on 9/21/05; received 9/23/05 (NOA? Notice of action), and her WAC number.
Am I goofing up?
Thank you,
Fred