Why is my asylum interview result taking too long?

29deba

Registered Users (C)
Please I want someone with experience to help me out here! I did my asylum interview in May and it was based on FGM which i suffered and my inlaws want it on my daughter too. I submitted doctors report confirming GM on me and a psychological evaluation from a registered psychologist to the IO. I also submitted recorded voice message from my mother-inlaw threatening me and my husband with death because of refusal to submit my daughter. I am really scared, the IO seems very experinced in dealing with FGM cases and the interview lasted for about 1 hr without no major questions from him except asking me some general questions. But when I started explaining my past negative experience with my mother-inlaw during my pregnancy and how I was treated and forced to take traditional medication that affected one of my twins and led to its demise, he stop me and simply said he cannot count that as past persecution rather he sees it as grand mum trying help with my pregnancy.............what???. I gave him report showing the death of one of my twin which he accepted but did not comment further. I also wanted him to listen to another voice message which was left on my home phone two days before my interview he said no he will not listen.

Though my attorney said I did well in the interview, but I am really scared because the IO seems too experienced and I thought he was taking some things for granted. He told me and my attorney that the decision will be mailed to me and that if we did not hear from him in 6 months we should contact his office. It is going to 3 months now and nothing from him. I have read from this blog of people getting result between 2 weeks to 2 months, so i wonder if the delay will affect the result. Please I need help!

It seems like he is verifying everything that you alleged, Should have known when he told you to contact his office if no result in Six months, most Lawyers always show a rosy picture whereas in my opinion after reading the Q and A , it seems he was not satisfied.
If I was a IO, I probably will not listen to VM's myself and put more weight to the evidence presented and experts/doctors opinions.

urs was in may and it's only been over 2 months. it's not too long, i know my freind which took 11 months to receive decision from asylum office. so urs is not too long and lets not whine about it.

just keep writing monthly ASYLUM STATUS CHECK letter to ur asylum office.

Thanks ya' all for your response. I am not whining at all about the asylum process rather the delay. That is okay if he is doing verification of the documents I submitted as they are all from board certified physicians here in the U.S. I will keep praying to God.

Hi Jonny1,
If I may ask what was the outcome of your friend who took 11 months to receive decision from asylum office

OFCOURSE OUTCOME WAS GRANTED COS HE HAD ROCK SOLID CASE, ROCK SOLID DOCUMENTS, ROCK SOLID ORAL TESTIMONY AND my support ofcourse, nO ATTRONEY NEEDED!

asylum imterview date delay!

Hey all! I applied for my asylum last year and I'm still waiting for my interview date! I applied in july of 2011 for my asylum and got the letter for finger prints within two weeks after I sent my application! But since then the only I thing I've ever received from them was my work authorization card! Its gonna be a full year in just few days since I sent my application! I'm really worried about why is it taking so long for them to give me an interview date! I live in NY so the distance from an asylum office can't be the reason! Please help me I'm really worried and scared! Do you think my lawyer knows something he's not telling me just to get the fee?

Hey all! I applied for my asylum last year and I'm still waiting for my interview date! I applied in july of 2011 for my asylum and got the letter for finger prints within two weeks after I sent my application! But since then the only I thing I've ever received from them was my work authorization card! Its gonna be a full year in just few days since I sent my application! I'm really worried about why is it taking so long for them to give me an interview date! I live in NY so the distance from an asylum office can't be the reason! Please help me I'm really worried and scared! Do you think my lawyer knows something he's not telling me just to get the fee?

Sorry to hear that you are still waiting for your initial interview. This is not unusual, there are some folks in this forum who wait longer time to appear for interview. The reason could be the AO office is waiting to receive your A-File, you might be a circuit ride applicant, you might be in lawful status or simply for some mysterious security purposes.

Your personal attorney is supposedly at your side so he shouldn't be hiding anything from you. However you should push your attorney to contact USCIS at least once every month to bring the case to their attention.
I wish you all the best and wish you get your interview soon.
Good luck