Why GC....when India rising

michael_holding said:
you think there is no politics in america? man good luck with that. first of all every place has nepotism. if not casteism here there is racism. so there are issues like this everywhere. there are good people there are bad people lets not get carried away with this ethical issues.

how do you know india is not investing in infrastructure?? it cannot happen overnight. its happening...in 5-10 yrs there will be definitely lot more roads.
golden quadrangle is operating in many stretches. delhi has got metro...things are happening. if only you can lift your head out of sand then only you can see it right. i am not comparing america...i am talking only about india. outsourcing cannot be reversed. do you want to bet on it. the question is will india be the number 1 destination. that might change. but india will still account for major share of the pie. again IT and ITEs employ a small fraction of people in india...there is a lot more other things happening there too.
if you think outsourcing is jut about call centers...i think you are wrong. tehre is a lot of hi-end work done. just because you and i do not read about it does not mean it is not happening in india.

my question to you is if you dislike and bitch so much about india, why don't you give your education degree back and start going to school fresh in america, you might get an education free of casteism, nepotism, without politics??

I like it here and I am here. You hate it here and you are still around. Go figure.

spulla thanks for summarising my thoughts...

anyways....we may be doing argument just for the sake of argument.......

i am really happy and excited after i heard a ton of great news about india from my friends....

and i am sure india will improve its infrastructure.......(pune-mumbai expressway...delhi metro etc are good examples..)

but i have my doubts........why cannot the politicians devote the new money to make it more better so that the momentum can be maintained.....(it takes 1.5 hours in bangalore to travel 20 kms....)

but i am still excited....because i have one more option in my list.......being in my home town....and still having a good job...

in india there are still 700 million poor people........and i am sure.......50% of india must be still struggling for food, water and healthcare.......and if everything goes perfect....it will still take 20-30 years for that to be corrected...

if politicians want why cannot they create a india...with its own economy....(we have more population than america)..........but as we all know politicians have their own agenda all over the world.......and in india we are lucky to have jayalalitha, deve gowda, laloo prasad, mayawathi etc.....

i don't hate it here. show me a post where i bitched about america like you did about india.
i totally understand problems in any society. i see retrogression as an inevitable price for wanting to live here. i am not for lobbying for immigration reform as many board members here believe. its america's right who they want to give GC. i see it as a business. if they give me gc i work here and get paid the moment i feel like going home i go home. i am thankful to america for that.

you on the other hand had your share of education from india at the expense of indian taxpayers..and come here bitch about the same country...now you figure...about yourself and your thought process.

Why do we always have to compare

I find it very disconcerting when people always compare life here in US vs. life in India, I guess that is part of being Indian.

India has its own set of problems and so does US. Will you ever feel like US is your home? I doubt it. Will you ever be able to get away from traffic jams and corruption in India? I doubt it.

Think of it this way - you are from a country which is growing GDP at 7-8%, has a huge potential inspite of the corruption, nepotism that prevails in our system. It is a very good alternative for you if you want to go back there.

On the other hand, you are currently staying in a country where infrastructure is one of the best, grass-roots corruption is non-existent, higher education is excellent, etc. Is this country being fair to you? In some ways, it is, and some ways, no. You are at least entitled to raise your voice about it, just like Immigration Voice (http://www.immigrationvoice.org) is doing. Now, it is up to you if you choose to silently suffer without raising any concern about your suffering.

My point is simple: it is not a perfect world, and we will have problems everywhere, but the biggest disservice we can do is by sucking it up, and hoping others will take care of the problem.

If you want to change things in India, go ahead - there is a ton of opportunity to do that, the same is true for US too. Please do not take injustice lying down.

Sorry for the long diatribe, but it really is all about you, not about the country you live.

michael_holding said:
the second point no is saying they dislike it here. i am sure the title of this thread reads "india rising...why gc" that is a valid question why do we need to come here and wait when you have opportunities in india.

Have'nt noticed this before, but how about inculcating some basic grammer in your posts. How about referring india as India.

Going by your nickname, you are not certainly one of the "chat" generations who ignore every rule in the book of good english.

I am writing this primarily because few days back I was reading some chat transcripts on Rediff.com on Indo-US nuclear deal. Some well known, respectable people were being asked questions. It was shocking to me that some of the questions posted had absolutely no sense of respect referring countries and people with all lower case letters. I would expect some decency atleast when talking to someone respectable and earned that respect.

michael_holding said:
i don't hate it here. show me a post where i bitched about america like you did about india.
i totally understand problems in any society. i see retrogression as an inevitable price for wanting to live here. i am not for lobbying for immigration reform as many board members here believe. its america's right who they want to give GC. i see it as a business. if they give me gc i work here and get paid the moment i feel like going home i go home. i am thankful to america for that.

you on the other hand had your share of education from india at the expense of indian taxpayers..and come here bitch about the same country...now you figure...about yourself and your thought process.

Dude you have not been reading my posts either. All I said is India needs to make its economic growth allround, not just limit itself to IT or services industry, in order to sustain in the long run. Things might change anytime because of policies of American Government. It doesnt take that long to reverse the outsourcing. Just as an example, taxing the companies who outsource might, slowdown the business going over there to India. I definitely believe life in India and USA are different and they both have merits and demerits. Career and quality of life, USA is the best. Family and friends, spicy food India is the place. I did not enjoy the food that much last time I was there though, salty food in restaurants. May be I got used to eating less salt here.

Just chill.

GreenCardVirus said:
Have'nt noticed this before, but how about inculcating some basic grammer in your posts. How about referring india as India.

Going by your nickname, you are not certainly one of the "chat" generations who ignore every rule in the book of good english.

I am writing this primarily because few days back I was reading some chat transcripts on Rediff.com on Indo-US nuclear deal. Some well known, respectable people were being asked questions. It was shocking to me that some of the questions posted had absolutely no sense of respect referring countries and people with all lower case letters. I would expect some decency atleast when talking to someone respectable and earned that respect.

arre bhai. india ko India likho ya india likho. respect dil mein hona chahiye.samja kya. angrezi mein India likhne se respect nahin hota. if its grammar..screw it. if you want to follow grammar go ahead. what are you my english teacher?
you have no business telling me how i should write.
you have your set of beliefs. i have mine. don't be knitpicky. how about you growing up and not so pedantic about things?
if you have some valid points to put forward to the discussions, go ahead.
i will admit..i am not proof reading my posts. is that a crime. how about you show some respect to others and not be so knitpicky?

I bet you guys will not be showing this animosity to each other when this discussion happens in person.Internet gives the convenience of being so disrespectful to others wihout showing the face.

How about keeping the forums clean and contirbuting to a useful discussion?

People seem to have this bad habit of assuming things. Just because someone criticized India or USA doesnt necessarily mean thay hate or love or are indifferent to the problems of that place.

It is like some Republicans questioning patriotism of Democrats if they criticize war in Iraq or elsewhere.

Criticizm is the first step to identifying that a problem exists. Reacting to criticizm is an indication that you accept that the point made was valid in the first place. Would you react to someone who shows you car and calls it a buffalo? You would just laugh it off !!

Some times one has to learn to respect the rules of the society (like proper attire, language) and simply follow them if that person dosent want to be labelled as a renegade. Try calling some respectable guy as "tum" instead of "aap", tell him later that you have respect in heart.

MohdJonNaren said:
I bet you guys will not be showing this animosity to each other when this discussion happens in person.Internet gives the convenience of being so disrespectful to others wihout showing the face.

How about keeping the forums clean and contirbuting to a useful discussion?

And your first post isn't a useful contribution either. We are arguing in good spirit. Just take it easy.

criticism of grammar is a biatch. it will come back to bite you in the ass. just read your own posts and find errors in language and call yourself a renegade.

Mohdjon - you have a point. we will not be so critical if we are face to face. that is true internet gives people the freedom to say anything about anybody.

Last edited by a moderator:
So typical....

Checked these discussion boards after quite a while, and I was amused to read all these posts here. Basically, you are all spewing frustration at one another. I have better things to do than type posts here, but I can't resist but tell you that instead of discussing who's more Indian or American, do something constructive. Work on how you can contact the law makers to resolve the backlog mess, how you can make a difference to get rid of retrogression, and so on... Or if that bores you, go and take up a social/public cause.

As I type, illegal immigrants are rallying in Phoenix to protest the tough anti-illegal-immigration laws. They are not bickering among themselves about why grammar is important. They have a common goal and they are acting in unison. In fact, a significant chunk of them haven't gone to work today (and therefore missed their daily/hourly pay) so they could take part in the rally. You guys on the other hand have salaried jobs and a computer in front of you, so you have the luxury of participating in this childish sport at the expense of your employer.

But all that's irrelevant. Take a look in the mirror and try to ask yourself how is this a healthy and a positive debate? Don't flame me for laying bare the reality of this topic. Or for any typos either. Grow up, instead!

All those who think India is great, good for you. All those who think US is great, good for you too. Have a great weekend feeling good all over.

Wake up and smell the roses,
- V99

michael_holding said:
criticism of grammar is a biatch. it will come back to bite you in the ass. just read your own posts and find errors in language and call yourself a renegade.

If I made mistakes, it is either unintentional or because I lack the capability. I am willing to improve, learn and not hide my mistakes behind shield of arrogance.

Never attribute to malice what can be attributed to incompetence. -- Napolean

Last edited by a moderator:
dude..i think its arrogant to point to a grammatical mistake. i know i make a lot of mistakes. if you make mistakes yourself why in the hell you point mine out?

remember those who live in glass houses do not throw stones at others.

if you assumed i was arrogant is that my problem. i never get involved in personal attacks. i know you posted some personal attack on me once. i avoid replying to your posts, until you dragged with your direct quote of me.

just look to improve yourself. you talk about traits and decency. does not sound much of decency and civility to me when you point out grammatical(trivial) errors to someone you do not even know. if you cannot post something relevant to the discussion avoid derailing and hijacking threads with such irrelevant and off the cuff remarks. save your wise ass comments about discipline to yourself.
maybe you should have shown the humility that you show now, before you posted the criticism of mine.
this is my last post on this. if you have nothing to say other than personal attack, just refrain from quoting me.
if you want to continue to argue, i would be more than willing to share where i live. we can do this face to face.

I only asked to show some respect to India by not referring it as india but India. Is that too mch to ask from a fellow poster?

Just my two cents on Grammar and Spelling.

Believe it or not you can read it .

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt..

To MohdJonNaren

What the heck have you written in your post?
I dont say spelling accuracy is very important. But this is ridiculous!
Are you an engineer? seriously....

:) :) :)
MohdJonNaren, I like your post. You have sense of humor even with this retrogression not everyone have this. :) :) :)

MohdJonNaren said:
Believe it or not you can read it .

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt..

MohdJonNaren, I like your post. You have sense of humor even with this retrogression not everyone have this.