why employer does not give 140

sam_reddy

Registered Users (C)
I am curious to know, why does employer's are afraid to give 140. I understand its employer petition, but they file against employee and employee have right to know the status as well as have a copy of approval.

Whats confidential info will be there is 140, which employer is afraid to give.
Other than federal tax #, I do not see any confidentail info.

Even if we know, fed tax # what can anyone do with it.

Lets all of discuss on this issue, please add info if you guys know it.

My lawyer (who is working on behalf of my employer) is not ready to give me the I-140 case number. But they just informed me that my I140 is approved.
Is there a way to get this approval.

Most of the companies won't give the pending 140 details because folks started calling INS and enquiring about the 140 status which is creating lot of problem for the employers..

How to obtain Approved I-140 from employer

My case:
Approved LC was attached by employer to I-140 petition.
Employer did not file I-485 concurrently.
I-140 Approved in April 2004.
I-485 filed in May 2004.
now long wait due to dates retrogression.

Employee does not give copy of approved I-140. how to obain :cool: the copy of I-140 from the employer? Lawyer is on payroll of the company.

Will it help if I appoint my own lawyer to deal with this company/lawyer?

pareshsc said:
My case:
Approved LC was attached by employer to I-140 petition.
Employer did not file I-485 concurrently.
I-140 Approved in April 2004.
I-485 filed in May 2004.
now long wait due to dates retrogression.

Employee does not give copy of approved I-140. how to obain :cool: the copy of I-140 from the employer? Lawyer is on payroll of the company.

Will it help if I appoint my own lawyer to deal with this company/lawyer?

Search this forum for FOIA. Use FOIA to get a copy of your case from USCIS, it will(not 100% sure) contain copy I-140 also.

See this thread:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=150953

Last edited by a moderator:
reason why employers dont give i-140

they know the day i-140 is approved and i-485 is 180 days pending you cna leave under ac21 law and as long USCIS used to take 12 years to decide your case,they could screw you for 12 years, nowadays president bush had mandated a 5 year time period in which uscis has to process entire case within 6 months (start to finish)

the emplyoers are screwed then, becuase youc an leave and get a higher paying job, so if you dont know i-140 is approved,you may be scared to leave,

tell the company attoney you need i-140 approval copy with confidential info removed unless you can be legally denied this.IE IT IS ILLEGAL FOR HIM TO DENY YOUR REQUEST.

alternate is to use FOIA and get it from USCIS themselves, the system is so stupid they will waste resources digging FOIA cases instead if they approved the damn thing or gave 180 days to your clock to set you free FROM DATE OF I-140 FILING

tell your senators to chagne laws:

1. allow you a copy of every doc filed on your behalf
2. prevent employers from non concurrent filing (if a visa number is available they HAVE TO FILE CONCURRENT) THEY ARE USING THIS AS A DELAY MECHANISM

it seems to me there are buddies with big corporation (why pay you 120K OR MORE when they can get away with 60K-70K prevaILING wage,but youa re worht more??)