Why do we tolerate ppl like Techy2468?

spulla said:
I agree with you 100%. The only thing I want to add is that its not just the Politicians and Bureaucrats but it is the mentality of the people which is selfish and shortsighted. Politicians are just a sample of the population.

lol. man you are hilarious..you call other people selfish and shortsighted, did you look yourself in the mirror. you got your education in india and now you are complaining...sitting in the comforts of USA. if all indians are selfish...i guess that includes you too....remember that.

techy2468 said:
posmd....i appreciate your insight...

but i am not trying to denigrate.....i am just trying to state the facts with which i will have to live every day if i have to go back...

my education was not paid by the government.....so the subsidised thing does not apply to me...."

really...where did you get your education??? even if you did from a private college by paying huge donation, there is still a lot of grants towards construction of buildings, tax sops the government gives for education, so technically its still a susbsidy.
education is still a state/central subject in India. so get your facts before you make some dumb statements

mr Michael_Holding......what if i say.....that there exists colleges....totally private......no Salary from UGC and no building fund from anyone.......they are run by trusts.....who raise their money from donations/capitation and charities....

Last edited by a moderator:
techy2468 said:
my Michael_Holding......what if i say.....that there exists colleges....totally private......no Salary from UGC and no building fund from anyone.......they are run by trusts.....who raise their money from donations/capitation and charities....

haha..trusts still get tax sops...infact a lot people use trust names to cirumvent tax loopholes...so sorry.

well in that case you can say...that 10% of my education was subsidised by the government......i hope they wont ask a pound of flesh for that....

and i hope that i must have paid my dues in the form of income tax...for the 4-5 years that i worked in the country....

well in that case. my question to you is, if you got educated from an institution that got its funding from charities, donations...etc why are so angry about india?? you are complaining about India supporting inhuman life...etc. people being nasty.... etc etc
at least you should be thankful that there are some people out there who are giving money to charity and supporting instutions like the one where you got your education. doesn' that make you see the positives in that society???

Just wondering...i guess you are "glass half empty kind of guy"..huh.

In anycase...your reasons to stay here are your own. what you do is your own business. i was just wondering about the subsidy thing that you posted.
Hope you get your GC and enjoy your stay here...

lets close this matter....we are going no-where......and no matter what we say.....the realities on the ground wont change.....

gctome said:
I want GC but I don't visit these forums to hear insults for my own country.

Techy2468, even thousands beggars on indian streets won't be able to match you and the kind of statements you are making begging for GC.

comeone guys. Let us move on. This kind of debete will not take us anywhere. Instead if we dont have anything why not speculate about PD.
:D

I actually like this debate!

I think it is more profound and can help us be more philosophical about events, rather than speculating and guessing about Priority dates and getting stressed about something so far out of our control that it is ridiculous.

Firstly tertiary education is generally always subsidised by society, in some form or the other. Much of the subsidy is indirect but the rest of it is not. Even otherwise how does one put a price on the work your teacher does on you. In fact how does one pay off their mom or dad for raising them! Hence in India they say after Father and Mother comes the Teacher, hence the culture of respect for these people and education.

Secondly out of the hundreds of millions of people, you were one afforded the priviledge....................money is secondary in this matter.

These are some of the reasons some of the wealthiest people in the US feel almost duty bound to give hefty donations to their alma maters, it is since they value their educational experience so much that they feel it is a part of their very being and feel like showing it in a tangible way before they die, and they want the benefit of that experience to accrue to others so that their society is strengthened by such institutions producing more such people.

Again, as one poster pointed out techy, you will never be able to change the fact that you were born in India nor should you wish to, you are better off embracing the good and throwing your 2 cents at changing the bad rather than criticising a country with a lot of problems.

I agree with you in the sense that some problems there are simply not addressed and keep perpetuating themselves and even get worse year by year eg overpolulation, Dirty politics etc, but these are aspects of democracy. Like it or not, it is the same freedom that in large part has allowed you to get to where you are. This is why so many US established NRIs throw their 2 cents weight at some sort of development there.

Change is slow and painstaking and perhaps will not even happen to your liking in our lifetimes, since one lifetime is a small part in a civilisations lifespan. However compared to the first 40 yrs post independence the current trends are encouraging.

Does any of this mean I will be going back to India...............No, I like it here. However I will always be a well wisher of India and if there is something small I can do in pushing a positive trend, you bet you I will.

Best wishes on your green card and take it easy on your motherland!

danda74 said:
Techy2468, even thousands beggars on indian streets won't be able to match you and the kind of statements you are making begging for GC.

What is that saying again? i am sorry i am bad in hindi....

Saun...sonar ki..ek....lohaar ki...

a hundred hits with a whatever and 1 hit with whatever....

I am really happy to see some proud desi's here.... :)

posmd.....i totally agree with u.......but to tell u the fact i am not even proud of my college.........so if i ever donate to a education institiute.....it wont be my college......it can be my primary/high schools though...

my pain is just because i am considering going back.......its almost like 10 times demotion....

and people dont like it.....because that means i am having to compare usa with india.....number one with number 12.........and there will be differences........and thats what i am stating....

proud.......i will have to think about this word.......because there are thousands of bihari's proud of their government .........and there must be thousands of jayalalitha's followers proud of her acheivement....

and i am sure.....cannabis trading northern frontier men in afhgan/pak must also be proud of their culture....

i have never said that usa is great because it planned and implemented things since last 300 years to be where it is right now....their civil rights were as bad as indian caste systems 50 years ago..

and its not india fault that where it is right now......i think things are random.....after 50-100 years there may be some other civilization/country on top of things.....

but for now.....i am comparing my life in usa and india......and i find too many flaws with current indian system......

techy2468 said:
posmd.....i totally agree with u.......but to tell u the fact i am not even proud of my college.........so if i ever donate to a education institiute.....it wont be my college......it can be my primary/high schools though...
my pain is just because i am considering going back.......its almost like 10 times demotion....
and people dont like it.....because that means i am having to compare usa with india.....number one with number 12.........and there will be differences........and thats what i am stating....
Techy it looks like you are very sorry to be born as an Indian. I am also very sorry, that you were born an Indian.

Blame it on the digital age

It's either 1 or 0, black or white. People have lost their ability to tolerate, appreciate others and other circumstances.

gc_aug_05 .......i call it as fate........random motions of things......since you cannot chose where you are born or in what family........you can be born as a prince in saudi arabia and not having to do anything in life.....and you may get bored and become a lunatic fighter for the cause of religion.........

we all are capable of better things..........or atleast we are capable of leading a good life.......if not for this country of birth issue.....which has screwed 4-6 years of our life.....

and no denying the fact that i was born in india.....and i do have the soft spot for india......but that does not mean i am going to close my eyes and accept broken things as good..............sorry guys....i think the day everyone agrees that things are broken.....that day some one may start working to fix it..........or that day people will get restless with those who are supposed to fix it........

so for a better tomorrow....one has to accept that today things are not right.....

not proud of ur college? ha..thats a good joke techy - i don't need to explain cos its not needed for ppl like u

all indians have lost their mojos

thats right....all of us are so deep into the GC mess...we keep bitching and moaning but dont have the balls to go back to our own country and make it better there

we will take pleasure in being the brain prostitutes here for westerners

the truth is we are so much divided amongst ourselves that we find it easier to take orders from a western person rather than a fellow indian.

if all of us were to quit our jobs in one day that would cause big stir here but will that ever happen....no no no ...why not ...bcos other indians will fxxx us...as soon as we quit they will rush in to get our jobs.....
no empathy what so ever...we are all "gandi naali ke kide"

so i say....all the indian techies ( including me) are eunuchs so stop bitching and wait for your new masters to have pity on you ( sign CIR bill or some other relief bill)

ok_LA said:
thats right....all of us are so deep into the GC mess...we keep bitching and moaning but dont have the balls to go back to our own country and make it better there

we will take pleasure in being the brain prostitutes here for westerners

the truth is we are so much divided amongst ourselves that we find it easier to take orders from a western person rather than a fellow indian.

if all of us were to quit our jobs in one day that would cause big stir here but will that ever happen....no no no ...why not ...bcos other indians will fxxx us...as soon as we quit they will rush in to get our jobs.....
no empathy what so ever...we are all "gandi naali ke kide"

so i say....all the indian techies ( including me) are eunuchs so stop bitching and wait for your new masters to have pity on you ( sign CIR bill or some other relief bill)

I don't think thats the true picture. Desperate people or people bothered about GC visit these forums. Seeing in my company and others - friends I have, I can easily say that there are only handful who visit these forums regularly or even talk about GC in day to day life. They don't seem to be that much concerned. That's the reason why I made statement before that there are lot many out there who came to US with single view that they will go back in 6-7-8 yrs and its still true for them. - GC was just a side process for them to give some stability. They dont' seem to get concerned with slow USCIS process or whatever.

Hell.. sometimes I even find hard initiating conversation on GC with them.

cheers