Why are some Asylum claim cases readable in the internet?

johnrem

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
I happen to sometimes come across Cases of asylum claim, the proceedings in the court, the decision taken in favour or in denial in the internet especially Findlaw.com or somewhere.It clearly mention how a particular person claim his asylum, how he was mistreated by the Givernment and rebels in his country, the way he come to USA, his evidences and all.
If this happens to all, it can be dangerous for one to apply asylum especially if one is applying asylum in regards to mistreatment meted out to him by rebels in his home country.If the rebels come to read about how the particular person filed asylum in USA, they would not spare his family members.Can anyone help me out please?

You can challenge the denial of asylum before federal judges--I mean real judges not immigration judges and people sometimes win at that level. When you go to a federal court, however, your file becomes public. The whole world can see it. They do not redact anything unless it involves sensitive national security issues.

Also the Board of Immigration Appeals publishes cases from time to time. But when they do they try to conceal the identity of the applicant by using initials.

Do you think "rebels" will have to time to score public records in this country? I know that some governments do.

Dear Thankful,
Will it not be dangerous for applicant if their cases are public both in BIA and Federal Courts?Is there anyway their cases are concealed from the public.

Asylum cases on public media (Internet)

This is very dangerous for the applicant family living on home country if the asylum cases are public on internet. I think this should be stopped. Like many of the forum members said the life of family member will be in danger if the rebels read it.

Oh God, I don't know what is happening.

Dear Basra,
What do you mean by : Tons are non landmark cases are online.
Do you mean tons and tons of cases are made public online?
My humble question is, is there any means to make our case not public with the help of hired attorneys?Which means is there any means the lawyer can help us not to make public our cases?
Thanks

I am not sure about how many...
I would say most if not all cases that went through courts are published. If not online then in law libraries. How would a lawyer prepare the case if the cases are not available? Anyway, I am not sure if it is required by law to publish the cases, it is definitely a standard procedure US.