Which is the Best Place in USA ?

Places grow on you...but not NJ

In my experience I will go for Naperville,IL a Chicago suburb. Very good schools (ranked 2 or 3 rd in USA in 2000), self-contained community with 3/4 Indian grocery shops, 2 Temples (Balaji and Ram temple), movie theatres and major software consultant/employer companies (though not doing well now). Downtown Chicago is $5 (on weekends + 1 kid free) away by train or 50 miles by car. The famous O'hare airport, direct flights to India. 4 b/r single family house from 250 to 1 million, affordable apartments (2 b/r 950 to 1300), Michael Jordan golf course....Route59 is full of big shops + 1 mall..Winter can be harsh, a reason to be with your family, though active pot-luck parties will be in full swing. Father of all Oak tree Roads the great Gandhi-Jinnah Road in Down town.

Having said about Chicago suburb, my second choice is Baltimore where I started my life in US. 5" snow in a single day the office is closed (compare that with 22" snow and the office is working normal in Naperville) or delayed opening and early closing. Paid only $610 for 2 b/r, neighbours are good whatever be the color. Assured parking lot. 20 mts drive to SSV Temple in Greenbelt area, 50 mts to Washington DC. Patel Brothers at 20 mts drive. Great TV programmes without cable (yes my internal antenna was great). Still remember single family house ads for $170 onwards (let us buy that, it is only $170 - my daughter . No no..they forgot to include 000 at the end - myself)

Here I am in NJ, Bergen County, paying $1375 for 2 b/r in 2 family house. Insurance quote recently recd $900 bi-annual (paid 780 p.a in Chicago). No Indian grocery around, 15 miles minimum in NJ(Ridgewood) or 10 miles in NY (Spring valley) , yes we are in the border. Jug handle turns for the spot you can just cross the road in less than 2 mts, honking air-heads. Houses start at 400 thousand and you can get a 100 yr old condo for 220. The only good thing I found here is the gourmet pizza in La Gondola, Ramsey.

-p_a:eek: : :mad:

yes may be the way you are looking at history is different. for me the memorials and museums are not history, they were built to remind you of history. there were more historic events that took place in boston as a town. most initial immigrant ships came there. dc too has history, but it was in virginia williamsburg area and all.

Officially, Nashua - New Hampshire is reated the best place to live in USA and second best in the World after some city in Canada...

It is for last 20 years...