Which I-94 to drop at Airport.

mon2jan2

Registered Users (C)
dumb question, but since I don't know the answer I'll ask. I've been in US on h1b from last 4 years and never gone out, altough I changed jobs and have three I-94's.

Now their are two slips at the bottom of my latest 797(approval notice), one of them says personal copy and another copy says I-94. Should I tear that I-94 out of 797 and give it to airline and just show the top portion(797) to US consulate in Australia(I'm getting stamped their) and while on my way back to US they will issue me a new i-94.

Am I right?. Thx.

mon2jan2 said:
dumb question, but since I don't know the answer I'll ask. I've been in US on h1b from last 4 years and never gone out, altough I changed jobs and have three I-94's.

Now their are two slips at the bottom of my latest 797(approval notice), one of them says personal copy and another copy says I-94. Should I tear that I-94 out of 797 and give it to airline and just show the top portion(797) to US consulate in Australia(I'm getting stamped their) and while on my way back to US they will issue me a new i-94.

Am I right?. Thx.
There are some versions about this.
As per my understanding,the extensions
I94 mentions 'To attach to original I94,if available'.It implies
you need ot staple all 1,2,... I94 s to original/previous.Since the last one
will contain all older ones stapled(Or older ones are successively stapled) ,when you hand over latest one,obviously all are handed over(since stapled)and logical.(keep all copies).
But my attorney(Knowledgeable though) says,need to handover only the latest(last) one and no harm!
Though I differ on this, I had to conform to attorney advice!!
So choose your options.

mon2jan2 said:
dumb question, but since I don't know the answer I'll ask. I've been in US on h1b from last 4 years and never gone out, altough I changed jobs and have

three I-94's.
--Staple the three or all and recent at TOP give all I-94 at Airline counter( better keep copies of all I-94 front and back with you for future records in immigration file at home)
Now their are two slips at the bottom of my latest 797(approval notice), one of them says personal copy and

another copy says I-94.
---thake that out
Should I tear that I-94 out of 797 and give it to airline
---YES
and just show the top portion(797) to US consulate in Australia(I'm getting stamped their) and
while on my way back to US they will issue me a new i-94.
--YES at POE when you enter

In fact, the instructions on the approval notice clearly tell you to staple the new I-94 to your old one.