Which Consulate???

yash

Registered Users (C)
My parents are from M.P. The consulate for M.P. is Mumbai but they want to go to Delhi consulate. Is that ok?
Is there anyone else who went to Delhi consulate while their original consulate was different?

Thanks....

Originally posted by yash
My parents are from M.P. The consulate for M.P. is Mumbai but they want to go to Delhi consulate. Is that ok?
Is there anyone else who went to Delhi consulate while their original consulate was different?

Thanks....

If their state falls under Mumbai, they will have to go to Mumbai.
I don't think they have a choice.

Delhi

Actually my parents live in Gwalior, but they went to Delhi. However, they had a previously issued Visa from Delhi (in 1999).

I think they got the VISA as the consuler took both the DDs. However, my sister's application got rejected for 214 b (?).

She too had a previous visa from delhi. We plan to reapply at Delhi, but any suggestions will help

jgwal, Did your parents apply recently again

jgwal, Did your parents apply again recently or they applied only in 1999.

Thanks

Visitor's visa from Bombay Consulate

Hello Friends,

My mother aged 60+ years applied for a visitor's visa by mail. She has been asked to appear for an interview. She is uneducated and does not speak Hindi or Marathi. She is totally dependent on others yet, I was told that no one can accompany her inside the consulate office.

If your parents had some experience of getting a visa in such a situation, can you please share some of that information ?
What are the typical questions asked in the interview ? Do they have interpretors ? How long does she have to wait inside the consulate office? Are there people to help her inside the consulate office ?

Thanks for your help.

Waiting Appointment

Does any one has idea, how much is waiting, once you want an appointment for Delhi consulate.

Thanks.

Sharmaji,
I had a quick question about applyingf or B2 visa from delhi even when the reporting consulate for MP residents is Bombay. Are you suggesting that one can apply to Delhi consulate even when the designated consulate is Bombay.
Thanks for your help.

Sharma Ji said:
They can apply in Delhi Consulate if they are applying first time.

For checking the availablility of appointment check here

http://www.ttsvisas.com

The U.S. consular section in New Delhi started accepting non-immigrant visa applications from applicants residing in the Chennai consular districts on March 22 last year.

Applications are only be accepted from applicants who apply in person, speak English fluently, have not previously been refused a visa for any reason, and can demonstrate need to travel before an appointment is available at the US Consulate General serving their place of residence.

I'm not too sure how it works for Mumbai.

Hi ,

My parents comes under Chennai consulate. So is it possible for them to apply for an interview at delhi even if the reason for the travel does not fall under emergency conditions?

Is there any special steps involved in that?

I would really appreciate If anybody could answer this question as soon as possible. I am really in need of an appointment before dec end.

thank you,
Namitha

Last edited by a moderator:
Which consulate ???

My Parents were working under Consulate A when their passports were done. Now after retirement (already retired) they plan to move to a place which comes under Consulate B.The house work is still going on and even though they go back and forth to check on the work.
So while submitting a visa Appointment should they go to Consulate A or Consulate B. :confused: It might be possible that during their time of appointment they'll have to completely move to the new House.
Your thoughts please.
Thanks
-P&G

If M.P falls under Delhi Consulate, they have to travel to Delhi.

Thanks....

I think you should to help from agency which deals such type of matters
there are many agencies in Delhi like SIFS India..
you are from Gwalior so, you need to apply from Delhi Consulate bcz Gwalior falls under Delhi region and very near to Delhi just 300 KM far