• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Where to Interview?

ZoniNeo

Hi all,

I have a few questions that I hope someone can help with. If you win the DV lottery:

1. What country do you apply in? I mean, your original application is based off the country you were born, but say for instance you are born in A, but you are citizen of B. Can you apply in the consulate in country B or would you have to apply in the birth country?

2. Also similar, if one is citizen of Country A, but lives in country B, can u apply there or must u apply in the country where u are citizen if its the same as the birth country?

3. I’ve read some stuff regarding seeking a change of status if one is already in USA. Can someone share their opinions on this?

4. If one is selected, does it simply say Selected or do U get a number? I read somewhere that U can be selected where you have to wait to see if there would be enough visas available?

That’s all for now,
Thanks for your time

Last edited:
Britsimon, if you don’t want to reply, why say anything at all? Am I breaking forum rules by asking these questions? If so, please let me know and link to them

Literally millions of people enter each year. If they all ask what if questions, no one can ever do anything else here. So standard answer is: get selected, then ask.

I hope there are nicer people on this forum otherwise it’s a shame. I’m sorry you guys are having such a bad day that you have to take it out on someone who just wants to learn

What both Simon and Susie are trying to tell you is that it is such a waste of time trying to answer questions on hypothetical situation and it is the same thing I will tell you.

Answering questions from actual selectees with real situations is very exhausting, so those of us who help people deal with real life situations would rather not spend time on hypothetical situations. It has absolutely nothing to do with people being nice or not being nice. Of course, you may get one or two long time members who occasionally stroll into the forum who will fit into your “nicer people” category that is willing to respond to hypothetical questions.

Alternatively, can spend some time in the forum and dig through old threads and posts if learning about the process of something you’re yet to be selected for is so crucial to you.

I wanted to ask what would be the best place to schedule the DV interview in our situation. My husband's entry won based on my country of birth (his country of birth does not participate in the lottery for many years already). We are nationals of these two countries. We have never lived together in either of these countries and currently live in the U.S. I am aware about the option of AOS but not sure yet if it works for us.

I wanted to ask what would be the best place to schedule the DV interview in our situation. My husband's entry won based on my country of birth (his country of birth does not participate in the lottery for many years already). We are nationals of these two countries. We have never lived together in either of these countries and currently live in the U.S. I am aware about the option of AOS but not sure yet if it works for us.

Place of interview for CP will be based on whichever ‘home’ address you list on the main selectee’s DS260 form. We can’t fathom a guess as to which of those two countries might give you an edge, if any, without even knowing the applicable countries.