Where to get Immunization Shots at reasonable price ?

AbyRai

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody please suggest which department/Hostpital should I go to get required Immunization shots to clear the medical exam? The designated surgeon is asking for 250$ for 3 shots.
I have read few answers saying one can get it done form local county office, what does that mean? What is local county office ?
I will appreciate any help.

AbyRai said:
Can somebody please suggest which department/Hostpital should I go to get required Immunization shots to clear the medical exam? The designated surgeon is asking for 250$ for 3 shots.
I have read few answers saying one can get it done form local county office, what does that mean? What is local county office ?

Hi, If you havent already seen this link, i suggest you use this to help you find a civil surgeon nearby.

http://uscis.gov/graphics/exec/cs/LocateSurgeon.asp
(HINT: try different zip codes around your area to get a wider list)

I had to make several calls yesterday to find the cheapest one and i got price ranges from $150 - $600 for the complete package. I have my exam scheduled for tomorrow :)

I cleared the medical exam today and got the sealed envelope from the civil suregeon to send with the AOS forms. However, i did not get a copy of the I-693 for my records. When asked, the doctor told me that i will receive a copy from USCIS after i submit my forms. Is that true?

Also, i see there is a section at the end of form I-693 for applicants to sign. I was not asked to sign anywhere. Did anyone sign the I-693 before it was sealed? :confused:

You are entitled to get a copy of your medical reports

I had mine medical done abour few weeks ago from the USCIS approved surgeon. I received in mail sealed envelope with the record (of course I had to pay $5 extra for mailing) as well as one exact copy for my record. Well, it is not a big deal but it costs to get the reports done and why not get a copy for yourself, right? Ask the doctor again if you really need it. Let me know how it goes. Good luck to you.

ari4u said:
I cleared the medical exam today and got the sealed envelope from the civil suregeon to send with the AOS forms. However, i did not get a copy of the I-693 for my records. When asked, the doctor told me that i will receive a copy from USCIS after i submit my forms. Is that true?

Also, i see there is a section at the end of form I-693 for applicants to sign. I was not asked to sign anywhere. Did anyone sign the I-693 before it was sealed? :confused:
No I didn't sign anything and also did not get a copy. I have just had approval so it obviously was not a problem

AbyRai said:
You can get all your shots done the the Public health dept and can find the number in the Yellow pages

flman95 said:
I had mine medical done abour few weeks ago from the USCIS approved surgeon. I received in mail sealed envelope with the record (of course I had to pay $5 extra for mailing) as well as one exact copy for my record. Well, it is not a big deal but it costs to get the reports done and why not get a copy for yourself, right? Ask the doctor again if you really need it. Let me know how it goes. Good luck to you.

Well, i called the doctor again and he told me that he cannot give me a copy unless instructed by USCIS. :rolleyes:

I got my I-864 notarized today. The notary officer told me that notarized affidavits, birth certificates and marriage certificates issued outside the US are not valid and dont mean a thing to the USCIS. He showed me some sworn affidavit forms that he claimed are valid and could be used as birth and marriage certificates after he fills and notarizes them. Is that true? I wasnt too sure if i should believe him as i know a lot of people here in this forum who had submitted notarized affidavits from parents and relatives from their country in cases where original documents were not available or incomplete.

Is it also true that the notary officer is not allowed to notarize copies of birth, marriage and death certificates? He simply refused to notarize a copy of my marriage certificate. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
ari4u said:

I did my medical exam twice. The first time I did not get a copy of my I-693. But just recently, I needed to do another INS medical, I called the first doctor office to get my previous record of my shot. So they gave a copy of my I-693. Last week I just did my second medical, the doctor is very nice. He gave me a copy without me asking. And the nurse also asked me to sign before she sealed the envelop.

ari4u said:
The notary officer told me that notarized affidavits, birth certificates and marriage certificates issued outside the US are not valid and dont mean a thing to the USCIS.

not true. USCIS doesn't even require notarized copies of those, a regular copy will do. You simply have to bring the originals to the interview, so that the officer could compare them.

Is it also true that the notary officer is not allowed to notarize copies of birth, marriage and death certificates? He simply refused to notarize a copy of my marriage certificate.

It depends on the notary. One at my university made copies of my passport and notarized it. The other refused to notarize a copy of my marriage certificate and passport unless I put my signatures on them. No problem, I signed both copies, and got my notarization. My advice - go to a different notary. There are plenty to go around. So many at workplaces, HR, AAA offices, sometimes travel agencies, banks, post offices, etc.