Where are all the veterans?

the_matrix

Registered Users (C)
Where are all the veterans of this board? I do think that we all miss them a lot. Can we have a count of all those approved and still visit this board?

P.S.: I miss ric2's post. He reminds me of our friend George Costanza. :)

I am still hanging around here - though its true most of the oldies have left by now. I guess I have been addicted to the forum.

I think I saw a RIC2 post last week .

it seems all veterans have been approved and signed off.
I am also approved and passport stamped but would hang in till I get my physical card

Don't know

I don't know if I qualify. But I am still around after getting my card and do try to contribute and clarify matters based on my experience and knowledge.

I don't know if I am qualified to be labeled as 'veteran'.

I am still around with 100+ postings (yes! only 100+ as I try to stick to immigration matters only ;) )

I am still around 'cause I know there are people who are in need of help and with my exposure to INS laws for the past 3-4 yrs, I feel that I can make a small difference. Has anyone noticed me so far? :D

But I don't know as to how long I will be around :p

ok guys, here i consider myself a veteran; a "frustrated" veteran though i am not approved yet. No bashings please.:p

Remember me....

I miss ric2 too. I used to kick his a$$.

Now .. I am looking for a new one.. anyone interested?

Thanks

Thanks all for showing your support.

habib, I still remember you. Gone are those days when ric2 would post many would critisize him. It was entertaining.

I am also addicted to this forum and visiting lot more after approval. We all have gone through similar experience while pursueing GC dream. We all understand each other and speak the same language. But after getting the GC my life hasn't changed a bit. Can someone explain?

Evetything going exactly same as it was before GC. Thanks for asking.

I wish all very good luck in your future. May be 5 years from now we all will meet again :) and talk about this fourm.

:)

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by the_matrix
Thanks all for showing your support.

... But after getting the GC my life hasn't changed a bit. Can someone explain?

Evetything going exactly same as it was before GC. ....:)

Try by throwing away your GC and passport in a valley .. you will then have some challenging thrills in your life.

I am wondering what happened life after GC..

Matrix:
I dont know why life is not changing after GC. May be you have find different avenue of life. Such as, you could start a business.. small one .. lets say a departmental store. It wil make more money then job and it will have lots of diversity.

Here what I will do after GC.
I will try to find a job in a good name pharmaceutical company and will take the opportunity of tuition reimbursement to finish the Ph.D. If I fail to find this, next option:

I will move to FL or WA to get my pharmacist licensure over there and buy a lakeview house of my dream. Then open a health food store or vitamin shop and convert it to a neighboorhood pharmacy in futre.

And at last after 6 years when I will fullfill the obligation and earn 40 points of social security benfits, I will try to move back my country and settle down finally (when i will cross 40 years of my age).

bottom line is keep dreaming and keep open your options.

hey! don't leave me out buddy. I graduated to the sr. category about 3 months ago...past 1 year of 485 filing...2nd EAD...please add me to the elite club..pls pls pls

h aha

enjoy !

I'm still here with 500+ posting mostly helping ppl with immigration issues and no doubt I learnt a lot from VivekM, july 16, dma_va... and many others.. whose penmanship are just remarkable. I miss them...

Dear ALL.

All friends, including habib,

I am hanging here from time to time. There is no way for me to forget about this forum which provoked me a lot of frustration, imaginationary writting....

I am sorry to know that I485 has been having problem here or there.

Here is my story to share...

After green card on hand, I realized one of my dreams - visiting my family in China. Boy, as you can imagine, China has a huge development in "hardware" in the recent 6 years. I was really amazed, especially the development in Shanghai - new subway system which is much better than the one in NYC, new financial center, extreme clean streets, polite people ......

By the way, all of my friends are top-tier medical doctors now in state-level research hospitals. They all have good lives. Well, I am now facing a tough decision - going back to medicine or finish Ph.D in Biostat and continue this career.. I found my passion is still with wonderful medicine although being a biostatistician can make a good living too. But I am already 31 and there are at least 3 years to go if I go back to medicine ....

tough, tough, tough. You never know what will happen tomorrow.

Anyone has some comments?????

ric2, even I come coming back to medicine after 5 years and this has brought my life into total dormancy for USMLE prep.........finding it tough to study so much. All my friends are doing fellowship/residency and I am still on my entrance...not sure also if I will get it. After my green card another tough journey. Changing country was a roller coaster ride.

Originally posted by 485GCCase
ric2, even I come coming back to medicine after 5 years and this has brought my life into total dormancy for USMLE prep.........finding it tough to study so much. All my friends are doing fellowship/residency and I am still on my entrance...not sure also if I will get it. After my green card another tough journey. Changing country was a roller coaster ride.

Hi,

I am off medicine for 6 years now, LOL. Had I have a chance to take USMLE during medical school, I would have easily score 98%! It is hard to pick up tons of detailed stuff after 6 years... such a pain, man..

Hi All

habib,

you have a nice plans and I wish you the best.

sam99, I also learned a lot from july16, dma-va, vivekM and many others. And when I read my approval I shared the news FIRST WITH THIS FORUM.

Kia, I am missing something in life and I don't know what.

Again those who haven't received their approval please hang in there and your time will come soon.

ric2, I am glad that you were able to visit your country.

Have a nice day folks !

Don't know if I qualify! The only remote qualification that I can think of is that I was around at the same time as the other veterans like .. ric2, (habib.. including other incarnations), july16, vivek, dma_va etc.

I know that July16 still hangs around in here but does just browsing. Don't know what happened to dma_va!!