When to apply for EAD

danny26ma

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,

I have my EAD expiring on 09/20/2008, Can i apply now. Is there any law like we need to wait until 90 days of expiry.

Any reponse will be greatly appreciated

Hello guys,

I have my EAD expiring on 09/20/2008, Can i apply now. Is there any law like we need to wait until 90 days of expiry.

Any reponse will be greatly appreciated

apply it as soon as possible, cause its taking a little over 90 days to get it renewed. you are elegible to renew it before 6 months of expiration.

apply it as soon as possible, cause its taking a little over 90 days to get it renewed. you are elegible to renew it before 6 months of expiration.

I think you can't extend before 120 days.I heard that some one in dallas got a RFE for applying before 120 days.

Hi Guys,

How should one renew the EAD card? Can this be done online? Last time, my company's lawyer did it for me? Should I go thru them again or do it myself?

Hi Guys,

How should one renew the EAD card? Can this be done online? Last time, my company's lawyer did it for me? Should I go thru them again or do it myself?

Did you have to pay the lawyer's feed plus the application fee?
If yes, do it yourself. It's fairly straight forward and user friendly. Most lawyers charge $$ for it and it's not worth paying them for such a simple service.
If the company pays for everything, just let them handle it.

The roles change frequently with no update for the forms or instructions. The 6 month role already gone and now 120 days not before that or it will be denied and you will lose your application fee and start another thread in this forum complaining and ask for help.

The roles change frequently with no update for the forms or instructions. The 6 month role already gone and now 120 days not before that or it will be denied and you will lose your application fee and start another thread in this forum complaining and ask for help.

after spending a whole fortune on GC process, $340 processing fees seems like peanuts. I wont start a whole thread complaining about loosing my application fee. :p
Btw, what was 6 month role?

after spending a whole fortune on GC process, $340 processing fees seems like peanuts. I wont start a whole thread complaining about loosing my application fee. :p
Btw, what was 6 month role?

If 340$ is that simple then go ahead and apply any time you want. The 6 month role (or rule) is the time recommended by USCIS to apply for renewal before the current EAD expire. As I mentioned this changed to be not more than 120 days before expiration and not updated in the instruction form