When should we send the AC21

whereis_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My I-140 was approved 9 months back. 485 pending for a year. For the past 3 months I was getting a pay stub with $0 amount as I was not working. I found a short term assignment with another company and started working with them. The offer letter says Consultant and an hourly employee with no other benifits. With the previous employer I had the title as Programmer Analyst. Would this be a problem? Also when should I send th AC21 document(s). :(

For AC21(and GC)- you require a permanent job- no end date no 1099.
Changes in salary/title etc are OK- Consultant is not the best title- if that- have a proper job description. The offer generlly should not have mention of benefits(non)- if it does- get a separate EVL without it.
HTH

Last edited by a moderator:
sb_tiger said:
For AC21(and GC)- you require a future permanent job offer letter in same/similar skills and better if the job title, job duties are mentioned same as on approved LC - no end date no 1099.
Changes in salary/title etc are OK.
HTH

bgrass

Are you saying AC21 is not applicable for Consultant/contract type of job?
I am thinking applying for a contractor position using AC21, please help clarify if that will pose any risk for my GC process.
Thank you!

Thanks for the input. I looked at the letter given to me, it was more of a contract than an employment letter. It does not say anything about the end date. When we apply for AC21 do we ahve to provide them with the employment letter or do we need to give some kind of a letter from the employer addressed to BCIS?
Also is there any rule as to when we should apply for AC21? I have seen some threads taht say we need to send in the AC21 and wait till we get an RFE. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes you can have the letter addressed to BCIS.
There is no time frame for applying. Some wait till RFE, if no RFE- then you may never need to do it- it all works out either way.
HTH