When should I inquire with my congressman?

Kamado Tanjiro

Hi guys, so, my case has been pending for a decision since October 2018 (one year and two months ago). I know there's a lot of people that are still waiting after 2 or 5 years or even more, and also people that haven't even had an interview yet. So, my question is when or after how long is recommendable to inquire with a congressman about the decision of a case? Thanks in advance, and my best wishes to all of you.

Hi guys, so, my case has been pending for a decision since October 2018 (one year and two months ago). I know there's a lot of people that are still waiting after 2 or 5 years or even more, and also people that haven't even had an interview yet. So, my question is when or after how long is recommendable to inquire with a congressman about the decision of a case? Thanks in advance, and my best wishes to all of you.
I'd say that if you applied in 2016-15, it's very normal not to have got your decision yet. That being said, submitting an inquiry through a congressman or a senator will prove to be the most useless thing ever. I've seen countless people on this forum doing this and all they get eventually is an email from the congressman that the case is still pending or it's waiting security clearance.

I applied on January 2018. My biggest problem is that my asylum office is 9h away from me. I already had an InfoPass meeting like 4 months ago and they told me is still pending.

I applied on January 2018. My biggest problem is that my asylum office is 9h away from me. I already had an InfoPass meeting like 4 months ago and they told me is still pending.
You were included in the LIFO system. However, your long distance to the asylum office caused your interview to be scheduled in October. Again, I'm certain nothing useful will come out of bothering the congressman. They'll tell you you have to wait it out.

BUT

If your case is pretty controversial, political or related to the current American policy, I advise you to contact a political figure if you the AO eventually rejects your case. I personally know a guy with that type of asylum claim (not a generic and loose claim). He was from Saudi Arabia. The officer rejected him but he contacted the senator of illinois and they repealed the denial into an approval. I'm sure the news of his denial would have caused a lot of embarrassment for the USCIS if he chose to publish it because he had a very strong case.

I agree with MSV. Contacting your Congressman is not going to do anything. They'll basically get the same answer you get - "case is pending," "case is awaiting security checks," etc, etc. If you're 9 hrs away, send a certified letter to your asylum office asking for an update. If you want, you can include a certified return envelope and hope they write back to you. Try to ask for details on WHY the case is pending. If your case is pending due to the dreaded security checks, there's nothing anyone can do at all. You just have to wait. If the case is just pending a decision because of the AO, you might be able to file a complaint through the ombudsman, but even they can do little to intervene unless there's been gross negligence, some sort of violation, or a ridiculous amount of time has passed (5 years or more). As always, consult with an attorney on the specifics of your case and see if he has any other ideas.

I could not find the form I 598 in the form and subform section in order to request a case inquiry online. Could you please help me with what form I must select for inquiring about my case status after the interview?