When Is The Visa Number Assigned ?

h-1b extension while waiting for CP

r_sada said:
Bhasu
i need to understand this a little better,
If we are waiting for interview and then extend H1 for one year can we not fly out and stamp our H1 to come into the country.
why would that option be ruled out ?

/s

It is probably possible. However, the downside is that the h-1b visa stamp will be valid for less than a year. More money and time down the drain.

On a side note, I think I read somewhere that you can't get a visa for your h-1b if you go to the consulate for CP and there is some issue.

appan
pls read intezar's note to Bhasu, after talking to my lawyer yesterday and analysing the plus and minus i strongly feel im going to stay on CP route,
im not changing to 485 and in my case wife is out of country now and that does not help a tad bit.
so i will stay put with case in consulate right at the door for the PD to open up. if by all our predictions we get PD current in Q4 FY05 visa bulletin will be out in June first week and interview date will be known in June 10th or 12th.
6 months away.
If all of us are extremely lucky, then it might open up in Q3 FY05
which is only 3 months away.
With EB2 not regressing and no indications from DOS abt the same, im optimistic the numbers are just over the limit not WELL over the limit that will take 1 or more years to throttle back.
talking to my lawyer he said for India and China he is suprised that Eb2 is not regressing as the cases filed are almost 50-50 in ration if not 40-60(eb3)
so keep hope up.
/S

I have started the process to file I485.I got a fresh reply from NWD consulate today that my interview would be scheduled in forthcoming months- standard reply i guess. So no hope for Jan.Anyways, when would the websites normally gets update with Jan dates?
Also can someone indicate if 485 file is valid if received before 31stDec2004 for the PD being current till Dec2004? My concern is because of Holidays and shutdown for new years eve there wont be a physical delievery of the package.
pls respond with your comments.
Thanks

PD progression

Does anybody know or have read anything about how PD would progress further?

My PD is 10 Jan 2002 (just missed it by 10 days :mad: ) and I was wondering if I should still go with the CP option or switch to AOS before 12/31/2004.

Thanks,
DG.

r_sada said:
appan
pls read intezar's note to Bhasu, after talking to my lawyer yesterday and analysing the plus and minus i strongly feel im going to stay on CP route,
im not changing to 485 and in my case wife is out of country now and that does not help a tad bit.
so i will stay put with case in consulate right at the door for the PD to open up. if by all our predictions we get PD current in Q4 FY05 visa bulletin will be out in June first week and interview date will be known in June 10th or 12th.
6 months away.
If all of us are extremely lucky, then it might open up in Q3 FY05
which is only 3 months away.
With EB2 not regressing and no indications from DOS abt the same, im optimistic the numbers are just over the limit not WELL over the limit that will take 1 or more years to throttle back.
talking to my lawyer he said for India and China he is suprised that Eb2 is not regressing as the cases filed are almost 50-50 in ration if not 40-60(eb3)
so keep hope up.
/S
Sada,
Of the three scenarios, best-case, realistic, and worst-case, isn't the above the best-case? I'm just playing devil's advocate. It's good to hope for best-case, but be prepared for worst.

On the EB2, I'm sure it's safe because the 245(i) flood in April 2001 did not include too many people with MS/PhD. My gut tells me that flood is the root cause of all this trouble.

emailraja said:
Sada,
Of the three scenarios, best-case, realistic, and worst-case, isn't the above the best-case? I'm just playing devil's advocate. It's good to hope for best-case, but be prepared for worst.

On the EB2, I'm sure it's safe because the 245(i) flood in April 2001 did not include too many people with MS/PhD. My gut tells me that flood is the root cause of all this trouble.

Go to shuterman.com..... bad news for EB3

Looks like good news

That looks like good news to me. I was expecting it to retrogress further by April.