When, I am outraged??????

Abhaya_Abhaya

Registered Users (C)
I know few pople whose I 140 has been approved ( concurrent filling i.e filing after 8/2002). But I applied my I 140 in 1st week of June ( June 3rd notify date).

What is a logic behind here. Why some I 140 are being approved so fast ? why those I 140 which was applied in Feb/March has not been approved yet.

I wonder what kind of policy INS has? INS is just a mess or just crazy folks work there?

I am Outraged!!!!!!!

Anybody has any idea when old 140 are going to approved. Next year or what!!!!

:confused:

We can do nothing about it...

Guys, all we need is patience. (Many of us had patience when the attorneys took their own time to file our cases!). We should have luck to get the approvals faster. We should appreciate our fellow applicants who reveal the approval information that gives us the true picture. Think of those wonderful employers and attorneys who hide everything from us.........

meow_meow, but that is not the resolution.......

What affirmative steps can we take to find out or expedite the processing?

pushing always helps.....but whom do we push? how do we push?

Wait....Wait...

That's all we can do.

They used to say, there are fair rules and regulations in United States. But I dont think so.

There should be some place where we can report this problem.

Anyway congts. to them who got their I140 approval. I wish I was one of them and filed my 140 and 485 after 08/2002.

:confused:

So frustrated...... I140 filed in August got approved but not the Feb. filers....

My collegues I 140 (EB-1) which was concurrently filed with 485 at the end of August was approved today!!

Is it fair to let the I140 filers in Feb. or March to wait so long while approve the August filers first??

I don't know what to say....

which centre was your friends's EB1? VSC or what?
I am also waiting for my EB1 and its over 160days and nearing to 180, donot know whats going on there. did you file for 485? I am waiting for this approval first and the delay is highly frustrating.

thanks

VSC, what else?

skusa,

It is in VSC. What else could it be? why am I always so bad luck? I tried so hard to have it filed as early as possible, at the end of Feb., now it is much worse than those easy filers in August. Consider the half year's of time that I checked every day. It is such a pain....

I called them (after 20 min redialing and 20 min waiting) and the assistant told me that only the attorney or petitioner can call, for privacy reasons. I am not allowed to call for my own sake. However, the lady did tell me that even calls from the attorney won't make a difference, they will give a standard answer, which is that they are processing Feb. 22, 2002. She also said I-140 is going very slow. I said it is unfair for us who filed much earlier to wait and for those who filed much later to get approved, and she said that each case is different, she has no idea what's going on....

I still believe that if everyone does something, we can make a difference. Please call, write or fax them, asking for a fair treat. If they get lots of this kind of complaint, they will do something. That is the only way. Since it is very hard to get in by phone, why not fax them? A couple of months' time may make a big deal for our job and career, and even life....

Please try hard.

I understand how hard it is especially for waiting for so long and to know that people who filed later are cleared earlier and its true that noone can do anything. and its also hard to build patience.
did you file 485, I am still confused whether to file or wait for 140 approval, its all a very complicated and vague picture, ofcourse the way things work???? its a mystery.

hope we all who are waiting so long see a ray of hope soon!!

thanks
shobhana

shobhana,

Thanks. You should definately file your 485. You can use the I140 waiting time to do the physical exam, and wait for the notice for doing FP. Otherwise all these 2-3 months time will be added into your 485 waiting period. I will have my FP done this Friday.

Re: VSC, what else?

Originally posted by 150928
going very slow. I said it is unfair for us who filed much earlier to wait and for those who filed much later to get approved, and she
I start to think we made a mistake by posting the approval result :confused:

I honestly hope that you understand and realize the agony and pain for the EB1 applicants who are waiting for so long. this forum is for sharing information, imagine what would you do if you have been waiting for the approval for 6 months plus or so?? its easy to make comments on others, just try to put you in others shoe, then will realize the pain. I am not trying to put anyone down, but please donot try to discourage everyone of us has to go through this phase, so be kind to others

thanks

hi skusa

i (personally) appreciate your answer. I am Waiting from Feb. 2002 and can understand the pain. Person standing on land is different fom person standing in the water.
(Note: I expressed my feelings and my intension is not to hurt anyone).

thanks yudhister and for your comments,

hope we all use this forum for sharing good information and thoughts and thats why I posted my message here and not to put anyone down, if people are getting approvals faster then us thats fine, we are not jeleous but they should understand the pain for the long waiters, right, thats why I mean nothing else.
BTW, are you also EB1 and did you file for 485, I am confused what to do and its taking so long, the patience is killing.........

thanks
shobhana

I have been waiting for NY LC since Nov. 98! After more than 4 years they finally reach Oct 98 and the case is still open! I have seen all my friends started years later got their green card and went home while I was stuck in a miserable life. I don't have to "imagine" the pain!

What I did was waiting, finding out the reason, making changes and more waiting. Calling immigration officer and yelling "unfair" won't help anyone, neither does jamming up their fax machine. Remember somebody may need those lines to communicate their cases -- not every immigrants have access to a forum like this and check their case status online.

The only thing that might work are those lobbying to speed up specific immigration process organized by lawyers and eventually signed into the law. If you are asking people to sign those petitions, you have my full support. In fact, we had two right on top.

Randomly calling and faxing INS by indiviudals won't help anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are literally waiting for 180 days i guess

My 140 RD is June 6th and it is totally 148 days.

In the receipt it says 180 days. So it should take 30 days more. Really Frustrating to see the latest trend of concurrent filers getting approved in 2-3 weeks after applieng....

Can INS explain this change is the processing days for the same I140 and for the same GC classification???

RAJIV KHANNA or MURTHY can you atleast explain any thing on this issue????

hi skusa

In my case I filed I485 concurrently and regarding my I140 my attorney said he is going to call and find out. I received my I485 receipts in 5th weeks after me mailing the package. In your case if I were you I would talk to attorney and ask him to file I140 again with more strong appeals (if you talk to him he/she should understand).

hi yudhister,
thanks for the info. I asked to the immi coordinator at school and she said its upto me to take the risk of filling 485 considering the worst scenario of the denial of 140, I mean loosing all money ect. so I am confused. my EB1-OR is already filed in early may from the school. did you get your fp done? pl tell me what your attorney said about concurrent filling for EB1 cases, in my case there is no attorney involved, its the univ who is sponsoring me. but now since140 approval is delayed am planning to get medical done and proceed further ahead.

thanks
shobhana

I140 Waiting????????

Hi Guys,

Mine is EB1 - waiting since March.

For Skusa- I also was in a confusion to decide over concurrent but finally I decided to go with it and applied. What I would recommend is if you think you are in safe position as far as ur job is concerned and even after getting EAD u r not planning to move then there is a reason to wait otherwise I think concurrent is a good way of speeding up the process and atleast u have something in hand in couple of months with ead. As far as money is concerned if 140 gets denied thats a risk I guess all of us are taking.

Take care everyone and hope something gets approved soon.

Rocket

hi rocket, yudhister

I am surely now thinking of applying for 485 soon with this delay. my current research project is for another yr for sure, donot know after that, so you mean it will a risk then to apply for EAD, lateron change of job??? but I read here that its safe to change job after 180days in 485 stage, this is for the worst scenario, in the case things donot move as per schedule and have to look for another placement then 485 will be a risk???? Pl give me suggestions
thanks
shohbana