When does EAD get renewed?

PSG2004

Registered Users (C)
Traveling and EAD renewal

My details are as follows:

EAD applied Sept. 2003
EAD approved Aug. 2004
Expiry date 12/03/2004 (3rd Dec. 2004)

The problem is that I am travelling to India on the 24th Nov. 2004 and returning on 19th Dec. 2004

I am planning to apply for renewal on 13th September 2004.

My questions are:
1. How long does it take for the EAD to get renewed?
2. Is it risky to pursue India plans in the given situation

Please help!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
PSG2004 said:
My details are as follows:

EAD applied Sept. 2003
EAD approved Aug. 2004
Expiry date 12/03/2004 (3rd Dec. 2004)

The problem is that I am travelling to India on the 24th Nov. 2004 and returning on 19th Dec. 2004

I am planning to apply for renewal on 13th September 2004.
--apply
My questions are:
1. How long does it take for the EAD to get renewed?
--at this time TSC is fast, NSC is taking about 80-90 days, VSC is taking 70-90 days and many got EAD from diffrent service center earlier than 70 days may are waiting more than 80-90 days, This is USCIS
2. Is it risky to pursue India plans in the given situation
----No problem EAD can be applied and EAD is only for work it is not for entry to US you need valid AP in hand if you want to enter on AP
** I did not understand why you are worried??? just make sure if the EAD gets approved while you are out it is delivred to your home address, if nobody at home Postal department can send it back. you can request post office to keep your mail.
Please help!!!

I am worried because if I apply for EAD renewal on Sept. 13th, assuming it takes 90 days or more, it would be renewed around Dec. 13th. My EAD expires on Dec 3rd. In order to get a temporary EAD, I will have to go to the district office on or after Dec. 13 (temporary EAD can be taken only if EAD not renewed within 90 days of application). SO there is gap of 10 days where I will be without an EAD.

I will be in India during those days. I am worried because:
1. I will not have a valid EAD while returning to the US
2. Will it affect my eligibility to work during those days?

My application is sent to the Nebraska center but I received the first EAD from the Vermont center.