• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

When do they check the picture we sent with our application?

mossywolf

Registered Users (C)
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew when they check the picture we sent with our application?

Im guessing its only if you are picked.

Also, does anyone know of anyone who got rejected for an incorrect picture?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone knew when they check the picture we sent with our application?

Im guessing its only if you are picked.

Also, does anyone know of anyone who got rejected for an incorrect picture?

Regarding the first question, I can just guess, because I don´t know it.

Regarding the last question, you get only a notification in case you win. You won´t get any notice why you didn´t win.

Roman

Only USCIS/KCC will know when a picture is rejected but I assume they won't check all the million of entries. IMO they will check the picture when you are chosen by the comp....that to me makes the most sense and doesn't waste time to check millions of pictures, neither IMO they will check all the millions of entries for eligibility, until some one has been chosen, and even then....some one on this forum stated he was rejected later due to not being eligible due to his country of birth, so he received a NL first...

What is the purpose of the picture

What is the purpose of the picture sent with the initial application, since after you won they ask for photos in every stage.

The picture isn't allowed to be older than 6 months...from the date of your entering the lottery and having your interview is way more than 6 months...so they will check if you look like you picture, specially with kids who can change a lot in 6 months...btw, some adults change a lot too...:D