What's the deadline of withdraw application w/o affecting H1B?

stonexu1984

Registered Users (C)
I am current H1B visa holder, marred to USC and filed GC application last month. Now some unexpected family issue happened recently and I may plan to withdraw the application. I just received the FP notice. I know I can simply file an cancel request to USCIS, but my question is:

1: Assume I never will use AP/EAD (though I applied), what's my status now? H1B or AOS or dual status?

2: If I go to the CPR interview, and get rejected. Then will I still keep my H1B?

3: If I receive the interview notice but don't go to it, is it treated same as being rejected? My H1B?

4: Anyway, what's the deadline of withdraw the application while still keep H1B valid?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:
One might not withdraw an accepted application. It will be your permanent record and will be used for misrepresentation purposes. H1B will remains valid if continue to maintain its status till the green card is approved even if EAD or AP used.

I was told once u use EAD/AP, your status becomes AOS and H1B is gone?

One might not withdraw an accepted application. It will be your permanent record and will be used for misrepresentation purposes. H1B will remains valid if continue to maintain its status till the green card is approved even if EAD or AP used.

That's true if not to continue to maintain H1B status i.e. change employer on EAD.