Whats happening to Dec 2001 Files ?

So Is it possible that FBI didn't receive the name check request from INS?.... If INS didn't receive Name Check Request, FBI dont have anything to share and hence they won't call...

I am really frustrated with 485 processing..THere is no RFE or no update in the last two years.. I am hoping that once the processing date progress beyond dec 05 2001, there is no nothing I can do now..

That what I am looking for, just let the date get past my RD and I will once again follow up with the local senator since I already did.
Hope that the dates would move forward tomorrow or monday on AILA's website.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I received call from FBI yesterday. FBI person told me that name check was completed on dec 22nd 2002.

I am really confused with the progress of my case..

Thanks for the update Phoenix. My spouse hasn't received the call yet though its been about 6 weeks. Atleast now the processing dates have moved for you so you can call the customer service or senator. My RD is 12/19/01 so I have to wait for next procesing times report. Good luck.

Name check expiration

Well someone from this forunm told me that name check expired in 35 days. That means multiple name checks can be done on one case.

I also left a message in FBI and expect a call from them.

My RD is 09/2001 and got a answer from inquiry as "still under security check"

Is that true that if FBI does not respond for certain period of time then BCIS will proceed? Anyone knows?

Official date in the uscis website is dec 1st 2001...But Aila.org website says dec15th 2001....Receipt date for my 485 application is dec 5th 2001.. But Can I call them today and intiate a status inquiry..

Phoenix! You have to wait until the USCIS reflects the new processing times which may happen on Thursday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I called INS yesterday. Service desk people told me that I have to wait till processing date crosses 01/05/2002 to initiate status inquiry..

It will be another another month or two to initiate status inquiry. I dont have failth and confidence on INS that my case will be adjudicated,even if the current processing date is 12/15/01.

I dont know when my case will be get picked up for adjudication...

Better contact local senator and ask to find out if your case has already been assigned to an officer.

I think that is the only recourse available to us. I already contacted local senator but the response from USCIS is processing dates are still 09/30/1 at that time. My rd is 12/19/01 and hence I am waiting it to cross the date in the next update so I can immediately follow with my local senator.

In the same boat

Hi,

I am also in the same boat, waiting for my approval. Here are my details:

RD : 11/29/01
ND : 12/04/01
RFE1 : 04/03
RFE1 Response : 07/03
FP 1 : 02/02
FP2 : 11/03
RFE2 : 03/26/04
RFE2 Response : 05/06/04

I am planning to wait for a month, before calling USCIS.

jhakkas2004 said:
Hi,

I am also in the same boat, waiting for my approval. Here are my details:

RD : 11/29/01
ND : 12/04/01
RFE1 : 04/03
RFE1 Response : 07/03
FP 1 : 02/02
FP2 : 11/03
RFE2 : 03/26/04
RFE2 Response : 05/06/04

I am planning to wait for a month, before calling USCIS.

What were you asked to submit in reponse to RFE ? Did you contact any senator or congressman before being issued second RFE? Good luck.

But when is this coming to an end... I am having a low faith and confidence on INS about 485 processing.. they are taking money for the processing..they dont have courtesy to update the case status or inform the applicant, if the case is taking longer than expected processing time..

INS is worser than any government organisation in INDIA.....

I am really frustrated with the processing ...,

nsc121901 said:
What were you asked to submit in reponse to RFE ? Did you contact any senator or congressman before being issued second RFE? Good luck.

I had gone out of the US in Mid April 2003, and used my advance parole to get in. USCIS had the records of my leaving US, but did not have any evidence that I had come back. So, I sent them a copy of my passport that had my arrival stamp.

No, I haven't yet contacted any senator/congressman.

My 485 case was approved yesterday. Its been a long wait for me. I appreciate all the help and support that I received from everybody in this forum.

My wife's case is not approved yet!..Hopefully one day..

Receipt date : 12/05/01
Notice date : 12/05/01
Approved Date : 06/20/04

If you consider my case as December 2001 since my ND is 12-04-2001 then it was approved yesterday. Online status updated today.