Whats happening to Dec 2001 Files ?

dec. 2001

.. Cases with Mar 2002 and Apr 2002 have been approved, as per rupnet. Dec. 2001 applications appears to be COLD CASES.

Since neither of the Senator's offices were helpful on the phone/FAX, I am thinking of approaching them personally with a
local friend.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

Atleast to contact a senator or congressman to get our files moving, the processing times report is also not showing any progress and we would get the same reply from CIS as we still are processing Sep 2001 files. Frustration is building up; cannot take any major decisions; life is on hold.

Are we going to see any light at the end of the tunnel? Sucks man....

Message on INS site changed to "On March 4, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 570 and 600 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete.....". I am wondering if this message was triggered by my 2nd FP as I have never received a 2nd RFE. Any thoughts would be appreciated....

Hi Willows! It could be coz of 2nd FP. Atleast good that your file not at the bottom of the stack anymore. Could you please post your case details. (RD,ND,FP1, RFE, FP2,...)

Thanks

Thanks nsc121901! After my first FP, the message was "Your fp results were received...." or something on that lines, hence I find the message strange".

My details (also on a previous post in the same thread)

RD - 12/18/2001
ND - 12/26/2001
FP - 04/xx/2002
RFE- 06/20/2003 (employment)
Response recd - 07/25/2003 (message changed showing this date)
2FP- 12/31/2003 (scheduled on 01/21/2004)

I'm on the same boat

RD 11/17/01
ND 11/29/01
FP1 04/29/2002
RFE 07/23/2003

Thats it ............ No progress afterwards.

Sorry for disappointing you, but from my experience it means absolutely nothing. I am in the same situation -- my message changed to exact same thing after my 2nd FP. The only difference is it happened over 6 months ago. It changed, it stayed and it's still there.

I sincerely hope that it will speed up your case and truly wish you luck, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

I am also in this dec 01 boat

I got finger printed twice so far!... What frustrates me is that case status page remained same for the last two months and didnt reflect finger printing progress...

I guess contacting senator works for some people!....I still dont understand on what basis they are holding up 485 cases and how they will be reducing back log..

I am reconciling to a point where it is worthless to stay here with all these do's and don't....

Just to keep the thread going...

Just thought I'd let you guys know that it's been 10 days and I haven't heard anything for the senator I sent the letter to (CO-R). Unable to sit still, I called the Representative's office (also CO-R). I was told that the processing times are Sept 30, so wait. After a little more persuasion, they told me to sent a letter requesting and authorazing them to do a case inquiry on my behalf. I sent a letter on Monday. We'll see if it produces any results. I can't believe that March cases are being approved, it's SO unfair!

Wishing good luck to all of us this month!

Russian! Its really frustrating that even the senators are not so cooperative. Anyways please keep us updated. Good Luck.

Thanks

status update

Fellow waiters,
Checked with a few more lawyers. One of them suggested to work with the AILA liaison office. They are quite puzzled as to why no decision has been made although 7 months have passed since CIS received the RFE response.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

response received by lawyer from INS on my case

It took INS 6 months to send back an official response to the lawyer. Here it is -
----------------------------------------------------------------------

3/3/2004
Dear Sir or Madam:
RE: 1-485
This acknowledges your correspondence received by this office on 9/15/2003.
Due to the pending caseload at the Nebraska Service Center, the processing time of your I- 485 application/petition has been extended. We are currently working this type of application/petition received SEPTEMBER 2001. We received your application/petition 12/11/2001. Allow extra time for an Officer to review your application. Furthermore, if all initial evidence was not included with you application/petition, or a question arose during adjudication that required a Request For Evidence, additional time would be needed.
Your application/petition remains awaiting review by an Officer and you will be notified as soon as a decision is made.
If you have an address change you must complete, and return an AR1 1 to the address on the bottom of the form.
We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. The National Customer Service Center’s toll free number is 1-800-375-5283 or you may access the INS website at
www.uscis.gov should you have any further questions or need additional information.
-----------------------------------

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

starbucks!
I do not think INS even researched your case. They might have simply looked at the Receipt date, compared with official processing times and sent an automated correspondence letter (may be the batch process run takes 6 months to complete due to too many client inquiries) :)

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
got 3rd EAD approved

Just checked the web site, my 3rd EAD was approved today. I had
hoped that processign of the 3rd EAD would trigger an approval
of the underlying I-485. Well - that still appears to be a COLD CASE or lost in space or whatever .

It took less than 6 weeks to get the 3rd EAD approved.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

Hi Starbucks! My spouse's 3rd EAD was approved in 34 days too. I hope we dont have to apply for 4th EAD. Dont see an end for this frustration...... Sucks man.

Thanks
nsc121901

news from AILA liaison ..

Dec 2001 gang,
Got in touch with a political lawyer, who is an AILA liaison.
His review of my case - they can do nothing until the processing dates are passed. They can contact congressional offices, and do a status check which I have done personally too. However he
recommended that whoever I talk to, I should harp on the fact that the response to the RFE was received 7 months back, and why there is still no progress (this is to distinguish from a case where there is absolutely no status). Wanted to keep you guys informed, since many of you have responded to RFEs which are very old.

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

This is really frustratiing. Seems like until the processing times move beyond our received we can't do anything and NSC is playing safe by not moving the processing dates though April 2002 cases are being processed. They have literally shut the door closed on our faces and does anybody know what it takes to make them hear us?

Thanks
nsc121901

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys,

Want to let you know that I called the FBI name check phone number (see the name check thread for more info) last week and left a message inquiring about the status of my case. They called me back a few days later and told me that the my name check was completed a couple of days prior to their call. What a "coincidence"! They said that the results were sent to the main CIS office in DC and from then it will be forwarded to NSC.

We'll see if it helps...

phone number

Russian,
Would be so kind as to send the FBI number for name check as also what specific question should we ask FBI.

Thanks a ton !

starbucks
RD 12/11/01

russian! I could not locate the name check thread, appreciate if you could please let us know when you called them, the # you called them at and what details do you need to give them for getting the status.

Thanks