Whats happening to Dec 2001 Files ?

If I may jump on this, here are the details.

202-324-2399

All you have to do is select option 2 and leave your name, A# and your phone number and wait for them to call you back.

-cmr

Starbucks,

I personally think NSC is using the processing date as a gate keeper. My RFE was received almost a year ago (3 more weeks will be officially a year) and I have seen several other people in this forum reporting similar situation. Nevertheless, good luck with your case.

--Shamu

Approved at long last!!!!!

Both cases, for me and my wife were approved yesterday! It is unbelievable. Hang in there guys - I hope your cases get approved soon!

In my previous post, I had mentioned that the status had changed - this happened probably because my lawyer sent in an enquiry (as it had been more than 7 months since my RFE response was received) and not because of the fingerprinting as I had originally thought. Luckily, the cases were approved yesterday.

Thanks for all your support, good luck and God speed!

Willows! Congrats on having approved and getting out of this frustrating loop. Hope all of us who are still waiting since long time get approved soon.

Thanks
RD: 12/19/01
ND: 12/27/01
FP1: 03/05/02
RFE: 09/29/03
FP2: 10/23/03
RFE Reply Recvd: 10/30/03
AD: Still waiting......

Attached is the file to keep track of 2001 waiters (RD or ND) or who ever replied to RFE 1 in 2003 and are still waiting. I tried to gather details from this forum and I could have errored on some or missed out completely. Please update this with your information.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Just want to give you an update on what's going on with contacting the congressmen deal. I never got a reply from a CO senator I contacted. The representative's office (Bob Beauprez, Rep-CO), on the other hand, called me yesterday to cofirm my immi info that I included in the letter I sent them. After they confirmed the information with me, they said that they will initiate a case inquiry on my behalf. Yeah!

Unfortunately, I found out yesterday that I need to go to Russia ASAP and I can't wait for the approval any longer. It would be ironic if they approve me as soon as I leave the US!

I will try to keep you posted, but I might not be able to next few weeks.

Good luck everybody!

Thanks, nsc121901, I appreciate your good wishes. Luck is what my family will need. Funny how things change -- the GC is suddenly not a priority anymore.

Just a while ago contacted local senator regarding my case and faxed out all the case details. Will keep you guys posted.

Thanks

Finally the senators office replied back saying the same thing " We are still processing Sep 2001 files" and since my RD is 12/2001 I would have to wait, though I replied back to my RFE more than 5 months ago.

Here is what the email says.
"Thank you for your recent e-mail inquiry on 04-02-04 and regarding the above referenced employment-based adjustment applications.
CIS records indicate that both of these applications were received on 12/19/01 and we are currently processing those application received on or before
9/30/01. So there is still a few months difference between their receipt dates and the group we are currently working.

As for FPs, they are normally current for a period of fifteen months. If for some reason, the FPs expire before we adjudicate these applications the officer will request reprinting prior to making a decision.

Thanks again for your interest in these cases. Please contact our office again whenever we may be of any assistance."

so finally I am still hanging in there with no end in sight to this trauma.

Thanks
RD: 12/19/01
ND: 12/27/02
FP1: 03/05/02
RFE: 09/29/03
FP2: 10/23/03
RFE Replied and updated : 10/30/03

Last edited by a moderator:
I filed 485 in december 2001 and there is no update on my case except for two finger printing notices that I received in the last two years. Case status page is showing that the case was filed at center on dec 5th 2001 and processing will take ..blah..blah.. I am really frustared with this process...

I recently contacted senator's office . Senator's representative called me on april 4th and told me that my case is on its way to adjudication officer. I was told that I should hearing in next 30 days and asked me to contact them if i dont hear anything in 30 days. There is no progress in the last 20 days.

Should I wait for some more time and contact senator's office?... Any suggestion on this..

Thanks!..I will keep inform you about the progress!... is it possible that my case is waiting for clearances..
whom can i contact to find out that all the clearances are completed. I gave my finger prints twice. Doesn't that mean that INS will run clearances check two times??.. Is there any number that I can contact to find about the clearances??

Phoenix! You can call the FBI on two different numbers for two different sec. checks FP and name check and find out if your security clearances are complete. You can find the numbers in this forum.

It is possible that your case is held up because of that. Good Luck.

Thanks for the update..I found FBI numbers in the forum discussions... I called FBI this morning and left a voice message giving particulars about me... How long FBI will take to call me..

I am confused with the name check and security clearance.. I was told that case wont be assigned to officer with out the completion of clearances. Senator's office told me that case will be assigned to an officer.. Does that mean clearances are completed for my case?.... Does Officer initiates clearances when he or she receives the case. or officer works on the adjudication when he or she receives the case..Do you have any idea how it works..

Originally posted by phoenix72
Thanks for the update..I found FBI numbers in the forum discussions... I called FBI this morning and left a voice message giving particulars about me... How long FBI will take to call me..

I am confused with the name check and security clearance.. I was told that case wont be assigned to officer with out the completion of clearances. Senator's office told me that case will be assigned to an officer.. Does that mean clearances are completed for my case?.... Does Officer initiates clearances when he or she receives the case. or officer works on the adjudication when he or she receives the case..Do you have any idea how it works..

Phoenix!
Reading various posts of people like us ( 2001 filers) in this forum whose files got delayed even several months after replying to RFE and getting their approvals about a month after their name checks are cleared makes me think that without even name check is cleared, the file will be processed but will not be approved until security clearance is completed.

Thanks!...okay do you know the time that INS will wait for clearances....

Any way I will update you after I hear from FBI...

Sorry Phoenix! No clue whatsoever as I am a victim too for no obvious reason, atleast not that I know of.