• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

what would you do if you were me

ubw117

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I am a DV winner and I am looking at getting my interview around April/May/June, now I live in Australia, I am about to be offered a job and they are willing to file for an E3 visa the only trick here is that I have to be there January/Feburary.

Now If you were me, would you do an AOS? or try and come back for aP

one more question, where is my police file going to come from USA or Australia and is it possible to get all your papers ready while you are in the USA.

or getting the E3 visa is going to actually make things easier as in, E3 and green card both require the same (Vaccination, police check, .....) so I can get all the papers now and just use them when I get back from the states.

I thank you for taking the time to read and answer my question,

may be there are some Aussies that have the E3 visa that can also tell me about their experience?

Cheers,

I would not risk AOS if your number becomes current late.

Last edited by a moderator:
In your shoes, I would go on the E3 now, and have your employer pay for the costs of the CP - instead of the green card via E3. Make it part of your employment contract.

I did all my paperwork requests from the USA - no problems. Mail and email are international.

you don't need a police certificate from US, just from the other countries. As we already explained to you - you must do medicals in your own country.

Hey there, I am Australian too, I am doing AOS only because I am an F1 student and am risk averse.

In your situation you could take out the E3, but also prepare for the CP before you leave (e.g. get the police report, get the medicals done, everything you will need for the interview) - if you need the same thing for the E3, get "double originals". Then fly back in and do the interview. E3 is a non-immigrant visa so there is a risk that if you are denied the greencard for whatever reason you can't come back to the US. I have friends who flew back into Sydney, did their medicals, got the results, did the interview, got the card, and flew out in 4 days - so if you have everything there and ready it is possible.

thanks alot stressed student, I guess from here onwards, I need to find out how to do the medicals before I leave, is there a list of doctors in sydney that deal with that type of thing