What would be the status??

srini_king

Registered Users (C)
Hi ,

I filed my 485 in August 2002. Presently working on EAD. I am planning to apply for AP as I have to go to india and If I get a good job over there I am planning to stay back in india.

If this happens what would happen to my GC Process?? Will they cancel it automatically?

Do I need to inform INS to cancel it or not?

If I dont inform and If I had to leave what would be the effect on my future visits?

- srini

I filed my 485 in August 2002. Presently working on EAD. I am planning to apply for AP as I have to go to India and If I get a good job over there I am planning to stay back in India.
-----Many are thinking the same at this time, update others after your trip or if you stay back
If this happens what would happen to my GC Process?? Will they cancel it automatically?
---- If no RFE they may approve the I-485
Do I need to inform INS to cancel it or not?
------ It will be better if you withdraw your I-485
If I dont inform and If I had to leave what would be the effect on my future visits?

-------- H1 visa has dual intent but it will be better to have record that you have withdrawn the pendinI-485, you can write to US embassy Delhi they can forward your withdrawal application to service center Or you can directly or through US lawyer send the letter to your service center that you would like to withdraw the I-485, I don’t think you will have problem for future visits to US because H1 visa has dual intent and show can show consulate officer that you withdraw the I-485 after filling and if wished you could have received GC