What to study to became Dentist after 12th grade

great guru

Volunteer Moderator
If you want to do dentistry in US you must do pre dentistry 4 years in US otherwise no school will take you. After your 12th gr you must take ACT or SAT and get admitted into any US University which offers pre medicine/pre dentistry course(4 years BS). For Fall 2013 you may be late, most of the schools closing their admission within couple of months.

Undergraduate BS (pre dentistry) 4 years courses are not cheap here. Good university charges as much as $40K per year. Once you complete pre dentistry you should join 4 years DDS or DMD after passing DAT test. The 4 years going to cost approx $180,000.
Financial aids are very limited to F1 student in this field.
I m giving 12th board exams this March,2013. I live in New Delhi..
I want to become a dentist n wants to do my course in USA n settle there..
What exms do I hav to give? What all I hav to do ? Pls guide me...

Thank you