What to put for status of wife who does not live in the US

floyd777

Registered Users (C)
My wife is waiting for me to file for her application under F2A (after I complete my naturalization). While filling the form, there is question that says "If you spouse is not a US Citizen, give the following information" - Spouse's Immigration Status followed by two checkboxes. The first one is LPR and the second one is Other followed by a blank.

Since my wife has never visited the US and has no status here, I marked Other option but I don't know if I should put something in the blank next to it (like Not Applicable)

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

That is confusing. I would either check 'Other' and leave it blank and have the IO fill it out at the interview, or I would put her citizenship in the blank.

My wife is waiting for me to file for her application under F2A (after I complete my naturalization). While filling the form, there is question that says "If you spouse is not a US Citizen, give the following information" - Spouse's Immigration Status followed by two checkboxes. The first one is LPR and the second one is Other followed by a blank.

Since my wife has never visited the US and has no status here, I marked Other option but I don't know if I should put something in the blank next to it (like Not Applicable)

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Check "other" and write "not in U.S." or "never in U.S."

After you natz, you will file for her as an immediate relative spouse, NOT F2A.