• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

What to fill out for Advance Passenger Information?

alexiasi

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

Can someone tell me what i need to fill out for the advance passenger information before my flight when i enter the US for the first time after the interview?
I am now a bit confused, as there is the option for "a permanent landed US resident (Alien Registration or Permanent Resident Card holder)" or "not an US resident"
But i am not a permanent resident yet until they process my case at the US airport, or am i?
Also, when i choose permanent resident cardholder i have to provide the Card number, and i dont think i have this yet?! So do i just have to choose "not an US resident"?
Can someone tell me what they filled out, when they traveled to the US with their new green card? :confused::confused:

Thanks

Hello,

Can someone tell me what i need to fill out for the advance passenger information before my flight when i enter the US for the first time after the interview?
I am now a bit confused, as there is the option for "a permanent landed US resident (Alien Registration or Permanent Resident Card holder)" or "not an US resident"
But i am not a permanent resident yet until they process my case at the US airport, or am i?
Also, when i choose permanent resident cardholder i have to provide the Card number, and i dont think i have this yet?! So do i just have to choose "not an US resident"?
Can someone tell me what they filled out, when they traveled to the US with their new green card? :confused::confused:

Thanks

You don't need to complete the advance passenger information. This form should be completed by those from countries that travel under the visa waiver program. International travelers from the following countries: the United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland who seeks to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are subject to enhanced security requirements. Citizens of these countries may be eligible to travel to the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program if they are traveling for business, pleasure or are in transit.

Since you are a dv winner, you have already been subjected to the enhanced security so you don't need to complete this form. Hope this helps.

oh really? i thought everybody on a flight to the US has to fill this out, not only Visa Waiver holders.
But then why is there even the option to choose "US citizen" or "permenent resident", when those people dont have to fill this out??

Last edited by a moderator:
yes i think so too, thats why i am confused, what to fill out as im neither a tourist nor a permanent resident yet.
So what did u guys fill out when u entered the US?

APIS is what the check-in counter does for you. You can also do it on the airline's website, but you don't have to. What visa-waiver country citizens fill out is ESTA, and that is something you do not need. At the airport, you will be asked for your destination in the US, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't need to complete the advance passenger information. This form should be completed by those from countries that travel under the visa waiver program. International travelers from the following countries: the United Kingdom, Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium Brunei, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland who seeks to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program are subject to enhanced security requirements. Citizens of these countries may be eligible to travel to the United States visa free under the Visa Waiver Program if they are traveling for business, pleasure or are in transit.

Since you are a dv winner, you have already been subjected to the enhanced security so you don't need to complete this form. Hope this helps.

Hi, sorry for the wrong information given above.
Well, some airlines automatically collect this information when making bookings online. For other airlines, the information will need to be completed PRIOR to travel.

You need to supply APIS information from your passport that you intend to use for travel to the US. The information required is:

Full Name (as shown in your passport or travel document)
Travel Document Type (normally passport)
Travel Document Number
Travel Document Country of Issue
Travel Document Expiry Date
Nationality
Plus for all US destinations:
Country of Residence
Address whilst in the US
Redress No (if applicable)

You can provide this information in a variety of ways, depending on the airline you are using:
--At time of booking,
--Once booking has been made, you can amend to provide this information,
--When checking in online or using self service kiosks.

I think the only option available to you is "not an US resident" because non of the other options applies to you.

ok thanks, i guess also i am "not an US resident", as it also says on the first letter from KKC, that at the Port of Entry you become a legal permanent resident of the US