What to expect at fingerprinting?

CAHope

Registered Users (C)
Can somebody please explain to me as to what actually happens during the fingerprinting appointment?

- What documents we need to bring?
- Are they taking photo as well?
- What kind of form we have to fill out upon arrival? What are the questions?
- What to do after taking fingerprints?

Can somebody please explain to me as to what actually happens during the fingerprinting appointment?

- What documents we need to bring?
- Are they taking photo as well?
- What kind of form we have to fill out upon arrival? What are the questions?
- What to do after taking fingerprints?

You must present your green card and I-797C NOA letter at the FP appointment. You will be given a sheet to fill out some of your biographic information.Once you hand in your sheet, you will then be given a number and ask to wait your turn to take the fingerprints. Once your number is called, you will proceed to a FP station with a technician. Your fingers are first scanned together, and then one by one. If the scan fingerprint does not return acceptable quality, you will then be required to take old fashion ink fingerprints. Once done you can leave the fingerprint center. No further questions are asked (a volunteer quality assurance survey may be handed to you). You will also be given a booklet to study for the naturalization interview. Just remember, no cell phones or guns allowed in the FP office.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Just remember, no cell phones or guns allowed in the FP office"

Guns !!!!!!!!!. Thats funny.........

I think that someone mentioned being photographed as well. But this might be the case with different type of app?

No you are not being photographed. You are giving a letter like it was said before. It ask about your Address and stuff. Your Parents Names. Your Place of Birth and stuff like that.
What you have to take with is the FP Letter and GC.

It is a piece of cake

You are giving a letter like it was said before. It ask about your Address and stuff. Your Parents Names. Your Place of Birth and stuff like that.

Are they using form FD-258 at fingerprinting?

What should one write for “reason fingerprinted”? N-400 Application for Naturalization or something else?

I had received FingerPrint Notification and appointment is at 2pm today. It says that I should take the Alien Registration card. Is it is Green Card? And what is I-797C NOA letter? Is it is a Finger Print Notification. Please reply ASAP. Today is my appointment.

I had received FingerPrint Notification and appointment is at 2pm today. It says that I should take the Alien Registration card. Is it is Green Card? And what is I-797C NOA letter? Is it is a Finger Print Notification. Please reply ASAP. Today is my appointment.

Yes and yes.

Take your green card and the FP appointment letter.

I had received FingerPrint Notification and appointment is at 2pm today.

How early should we be there? 30 min? Can you please tell me what questions are exactly on the form that you had to fill out at fingerprinting? I want to make sure that I have all necessary info prior to filling form…

Sure. I will post. Any one help me what are all the question I should be expecting on the form which has to be filled out at fingerprinting.

How early should we be there? 30 min? Can you please tell me what questions are exactly on the form that you had to fill out at fingerprinting? I want to make sure that I have all necessary info prior to filling form…

You should present yourself at the appointment time, although showing up a little earlier is no problem. Some DO workers will ask you to come back later if you show up too early, whereas others aren't that strict.
On the form you will be asked about your name, DOB, SSN, address, place of birth, and parents name. It's for biographic reference purpose.

On the form you will be asked about your name, DOB, SSN, address, place of birth, and parents name. It's for biographic reference purpose.

So that is not form FD-258, since they have more questions such as: employer, reason fingerprinted, sex, race, height, weight, eyes, and marital status.

So that is not form FD-258, since they have more questions such as: employer, reason fingerprinted, sex, race, height, weight, eyes, and marital status.

No, the form they hand out is a biographic information form only. The FD-258 is the FBI fingerprint card for the old fashion ink type fingerprint process. USCIS now uses fingerprint scanner machines that automatically tie all your information from your case file with your FP together.

No, the form they hand out is a biographic information form only. The FD-258 is the FBI fingerprint card for the old fashion ink type fingerprint process. USCIS now uses fingerprint scanner machines that automatically tie all your information from your case file with your FP together.
Yes, the whole process is quite high tech. It is this significant investment in technology, combined with state of the art business processes and the most dedicated workforce in the entire government, that is allowing the USCIS to process naturalization applications so efficiently. This is just another example of how the USCIS is using your increased application fees to make the entire process efficient and user friendly, all the while preserving the integrity of the process and effectively protecting the nation's security.;)

Yes, the whole process is quite high tech. It is this significant investment in technology, combined with state of the art business processes and the most dedicated workforce in the entire government, that is allowing the USCIS to process naturalization applications so efficiently. This is just another example of how the USCIS is using your increased application fees to make the entire process efficient and user friendly, all the while preserving the integrity of the process and effectively protecting the nation's security.;)

Are you their PR agent?:D

CAHope, Be there on time, don't arrive late. 30 mins early is fine. just give your appointment letter and show your green card. As well, you should bring your driver license for filling out the form (A# number or green card number, birthdate, ssn, address, height, weight, color of eyes, hair, etc) before you are called to take fingerprint at the station.

Just curious.. have you done fingerpinting before you got your green card? The fingerprinting station's procedures remains unchanged but with additional new computer technology to scan fingers and send results electronically to FBI.

It is very simple. It doesnt take too long. it will take about 10 mins or less to complete taking fp.