What to do once PD becomes current???

pallu2004

Registered Users (C)
Guys

Jan VB is out and my PD will become current in JAN 2007. I was wondering what needs to be done to make sure I get the approval in JAN itself.

Any help will be highly appreciated....pls share your experience.

EB3 INDIA

Thanks

call uscis....to find out if you security check/name check/background check has been completed....

if so...then you should just followup so that you get a decision on 485 within 60-90 days...

if not....then you may have to explore possibilities of fifling a writ of mandamus.....a lawsuit against uscis/fbi to expedite the name check...

in other words...you have to become pro-active and make sure they approve your case....

alonglonwait4gc said:
Did you already filled I-485? Tell us more about your case...

485 is already filed 2 years back and have given 1 FP so far. recently filled for 2nd EAD and AP. AP got approved...waiting for 2nd EAD FP notice.

techy2468 said:
call uscis....to find out if you security check/name check/background check has been completed....

if so...then you should just followup so that you get a decision on 485 within 60-90 days...

if not....then you may have to explore possibilities of fifling a writ of mandamus.....a lawsuit against uscis/fbi to expedite the name check...

in other words...you have to become pro-active and make sure they approve your case....

thanks...any idea on whom should i call to verify if i have cleared the name check....does the USCIS general ### will give the info of name check clearance...

alonglonwait4gc said:

i see your signature...you are also going to get current in JAN 2007....have u noticed any change in LUD on your 485....i have noticed change in LUD on my 485 in november 1st week...and since then no changes as such....

Filing 485?

alonglonwait4gc said:

What happens if we file 485 with PD not being current?
will they atleast process EAD 765 application? or reject everything?

pallu2004 said:
485 is already filed 2 years back and have given 1 FP so far. recently filled for 2nd EAD and AP. AP got approved...waiting for 2nd EAD FP notice.

My I485 was filled in 2004 too but I never received any FP. I called USCIS back in 10/31/2006 and recd response stated that they will take 60 days.

What about the medical tests? Do we have to redo them?

A friend told me that they are valid only for a year. So does that mean that I will have get certified again?

My insurance does not pay for it...So I hope not.

alonglonwait4gc said:
My I485 was filled in 2004 too but I never received any FP. I called USCIS back in 10/31/2006 and recd response stated that they will take 60 days.

you should have got the FP by now...I gave my FP in AUG 2005....

Name check

I would appreciate if anyone can give an opinion on this:
I took an infopass yesterday and found out that my name check is pending. I had filed NIW140 with 485 in Sept 05. NIW140 approved. I am from retrogressed country. Had FP in Nov last year. I was told yesterday that they are not doing FP every 15 months for me as my PD was retrogressed.
As my name check is pending, Does this mean that I am stuck in name check( as it was submitted a year ago) or that the FBI is only dealing with those whose priority dates are current?

jay2005 said:
I would appreciate if anyone can give an opinion on this:
I took an infopass yesterday and found out that my name check is pending. I had filed NIW140 with 485 in Sept 05. NIW140 approved. I am from retrogressed country. Had FP in Nov last year. I was told yesterday that they are not doing FP every 15 months for me as my PD was retrogressed.
As my name check is pending, Does this mean that I am stuck in name check( as it was submitted a year ago) or that the FBI is only dealing with those whose priority dates are current?

name chk is a very grey area.....there are few post in the forum by Rahul Kumar who has given a detailed info about the name chk process and other avenues....pls chk his post....

Hi,

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone can answer my dilemma.

Can I assume that since I already had my interview and three finger printing done they must have done my name check?

How long do I have to wait after my priority date becomes current before I take Infopass appointment and demand my GC? 90 Days?

Waiting, Wishing & Hoping

PD – April 30 2001
FP # 1
I140 - Approved Aug, 2004
I485 – Case transferred to Newark, NJ - Nov, 2004
Ead # 1 – Received Nov 2004
Interview – Aug 2005 – Stamped ‘485 Pending’
FP # 2
Ead # 2 – Approved Nov 2005
FP # 3
Ead # 3 – Approved Nov 2006

EAD RFE but no FP

Guys

In Nov 2006 I efiled EAD + AP (for me any spouse) and was waiting for the biometrics notice to come as persons who efile the EAD + AP applications are requested to go for FP. I followed the procedure and also sent them 4 pictures each and other docs as required alongwith the online printed reciept.

They approved AP for both of us and sent RFE on EAD asking me to submit 2 pictures again for each.....i was hoping that i would get a biometrics request and that would cover my 2nd FP....but they have not requested 2nd FP so far.....

1st FP was given in AUG 2005.

any thoughts on this......

RFE is good

It is a sign that they are not using your applications as pillows.
It means that some one is actively looking at them.
It means that there is light around the corner.
Good luck. RFE is a healthy sign.

dl1cd said:
It is a sign that they are not using your applications as pillows.
It means that some one is actively looking at them.
It means that there is light around the corner.
Good luck. RFE is a healthy sign.

thanks for your response....my PD will become current in JAN 2007....EB3 India.....I have given FP only once and that was in AUG 2005.....recently i had a LUD change on my and my spouse 485 on november 2nd 2005. since then it is sitting quite....does this LUD change indicates that my name check is cleared or is it still pending....

i called USCIS hotline today and the lady who picked up knew nothing about name chk or PD or anything as such....finally i said thank you ma'am i dont have any other questions....

I have a similar question

and in similar situation.

My PD is current in Dec this month, and I have my second fingerprint done on Dec 9th this month. There is nothing updated for online status change(the most recent online status change was updated on Oct 28,2006).

Regarding NC, my congressman is doing a inquery about the status of my NC and I shall get result on Jan 2, 2006. Infopass visit get conflict results: one officer said my NC is pending; another said I have two NC, first in 2004 and second in 2006 and second one is cleared, and first one is pending. very confusing.

I called USCIS 800 number today and the lady also knew nothing about NC, FP, status whatsoever, and said that I have to wait. She also said it took time for fingerprint result to reach USCIS computer system.
Does my case qualify for 'outside processing times' and could do a case inquery? whatelse to do?

thanks for your input.

PD: July 1, 2002, ROW
I485: RD March 24 2004
First FP: Nov 2004
Second FP: Dec 9, 2006

unitednations said:
In the first business day in January call the 1800 number and do a case status inquiry that it is outside processing times.

Someone should have picked up your file and will request fingerprinting. Note: for EAD they only send biometrics if you file on-line not paper.

Your fingerprints have expired so they cannot approve the 485.

unitednations said:
In the first business day in January call the 1800 number and do a case status inquiry that it is outside processing times.

Someone should have picked up your file and will request fingerprinting. Note: for EAD they only send biometrics if you file on-line not paper.

Your fingerprints have expired so they cannot approve the 485.

Thanks UN i am all set to call USCIS on 2nd of JAN....hopefully they will approve it in JAN itself....