What to do after I was told 485 approval notice was mailed

chandler

Registered Users (C)
Dear all:

I am so happy that both mine and my wife's 485 application was finally approved and approval notice was mailed last Thursday.

It has been such a long and rough journey for me. My question is what do I suppose to do after I receive the approval notice? Make an infopass to stamp my passport? How can I get my physical green card? Do I suppose get an additional letter to ask me to do fingerprint or something like that?

It will be highly appreciated if you can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Chandler

chandler said:
Dear all:

I am so happy that both mine and my wife's 485 application was finally approved and approval notice was mailed last Thursday.

It has been such a long and rough journey for me. My question is what do I suppose to do after I receive the approval notice? Make an infopass to stamp my passport? How can I get my physical green card? Do I suppose get an additional letter to ask me to do fingerprint or something like that?

It will be highly appreciated if you can shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Chandler
Its time to celebrate. Just wait for couple of weeks and you will get your card in mail. Keep watching the status in online system. You do not need to stamp your passport as getting card takes only few weeks.

Approval notice

Based on my experience, you have to do nothing. I got the aproval e-mail on Jan 18. On the 23 I got:

"On January 21, 2006, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this card, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283."

On the 23rd I got in the mail the GC for my wife and the next day I got my GC. My recommendation is to just plan a party with your friends, well worth to party now!

Congratulations!

Hey guys,

Thank you all for your help and nice words!

I have heard people get biometrics appointment after their I485 has been approved. What does biometrics appointment do? Do I have to do that?

Thanks

Chandler

chandler said:
I have heard people get biometrics appointment after their I485 has been approved. What does biometrics appointment do? Do I have to do that?
It's for card. If you need it, your I485 approval notice tells you what you should do for biometrics.
It is better to get stamp as you may need to travel tomorrow for emergency.

is that mandatory to have a stamp to travel??

GotPR? said:
It's for card. If you need it, your I485 approval notice tells you what you should do for biometrics.
It is better to get stamp as you may need to travel tomorrow for emergency.

Chandler: How come VSC approve your case with FP expired since 22DEC05?
I just called VSC and they can`t process my case with FP expired.

My I-485 got approved on 01/27/06 and got the approval letter few days later, but after that there was no activity.

My LUD changed on 03/06/06 but the message did not change.
hopefully there should be some progress on my case.

I am gonna wait for 60 days and then start calling them.

Any suggestions..??

jhawilla said:
Chandler: How come VSC approve your case with FP expired since 22DEC05?
I just called VSC and they can`t process my case with FP expired.

Interesting. Why do you assume my FP expired since 22Dec05? For the FP part, I made a infopass appointment with local INS office in January 2006 and schedule an Finger Print in February. My green card got approved in March. Vermont Center wouldn't schedule the FP for me for whatever reason.

Is biometrics the same as Finger Print? I just did my third Finger Print in February. Does that mean I don't need to do biometrics?

Thanks,

Chandler