What to bring for oath. 26 months after interview

N400@NEWARK

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I finally received oath letter and sceduled to take oath on May 23 at Newark. The oath letter requests me to take the letter, GC and other immigration documents which I do not have. I am not sure what else they might ask for. Considering I have been in the process for almost 3 years now, I really do not want to go without proper supporting documents. Can anyone be so kind to post here what I need to bring along for the oath? Thanks,

It said that same on my Oath Letter. I just brought my CG, the Oath Letter with the 2nd Page (Backside) already filled out and signed and the Folder where I carried all of my USCIS Stuff in.
BTW. Didn't even need it

Dear all,

I finally received oath letter and sceduled to take oath on May 23 at Newark. The oath letter requests me to take the letter, GC and other immigration documents which I do not have. I am not sure what else they might ask for. Considering I have been in the process for almost 3 years now, I really do not want to go without proper supporting documents. Can anyone be so kind to post here what I need to bring along for the oath? Thanks,

they tell you what to bring with you in the notice and in my interview the IO never bother to look anything except my GC.

again, its case by case.

good luck.

Dear all,

Damn my birthday is on 5/9 too, but I did not receive any positive results in my case... that is not fair.

Freshly minted as a USC today and it was a long day (never expected a Saturday Oath). While I was in a queue to be Naturalized they kept annoucing to submitt all your travel documents as you proceed. Everyone thought that means all the forms form the USCIS and even the Passport (yeah.. even though its issued by a different country).... but only the GC was collected and nothing else.

That was all that I see for 30 people who were in that queue to be naturalized.

Hope it helps.

Congratulations koolvik7 :)

N400@NEWARK, don't worry, GC and oath letter is as far as I recall all you need to take. If you still have some other immigration documents, advanced parol and things like that you can take it too. However, the really important things are the GC and the letter with the answered questions.

Congratulations koolvik7 :)

N400@NEWARK, don't worry, GC and oath letter is as far as I recall all you need to take. If you still have some other immigration documents, advanced parol and things like that you can take it too. However, the really important things are the GC and the letter with the answered questions.

Thanks Huracan. The journey was long but it surely has a sweet end .. :)

Do they collect your GC during the oath day? Is that the only thing you need to "surrender" to them (your GC) during oath/naturalization?

Thanks a lot, everyone. I am going to bring my passport, GC and other documents (F-1, H-1 visa forms) to the oath, I never had Advanced Parol. I do not believe they will check theses except GC.

Freshly minted as a USC today and it was a long day (never expected a Saturday Oath). While I was in a queue to be Naturalized they kept annoucing to submitt all your travel documents as you proceed. Everyone thought that means all the forms form the USCIS and even the Passport (yeah.. even though its issued by a different country).... but only the GC was collected and nothing else.

That was all that I see for 30 people who were in that queue to be naturalized.

Hope it helps.

I found out about the travel document from fellow immigrant waiting to be sworn in. In case of these gentleman, he had a special tarvel document that looked like passport but was not a passport according to him.

There are many countries that issues travel document whose sole purpose is to used for travel and can not be substitued as a passport.

Travel documents are generally EAD, I-94 etc. NO passport.

At our oath ceremony some people gave up their refugee or some other docs. They looked like green passports and we did not get a good look to see what they were.

Congrats op, you reach the end of a journey! Keep the supplement docs in the car if you do decide to take any extra stuff.

Do they collect your GC during the oath day? Is that the only thing you need to "surrender" to them (your GC) during oath/naturalization?

Yes they do collect your GC during the Oath day (before giving you the Naturalization certificate). Here is a statment made by the IO as people were lined up during my Naturalization Ceremony.

"Please surrender all your travel documents issued by the USCIS as they are the property of the US. Some of you may want to keep them as souvenirs but remember they are USCIS property and need to be destroyed." He indicated this goes to GC / EAD Cards /Advanced Parole documents.