What other ways to contact FBI?

lingeron

Registered Users (C)
Just called Emergency number and she told me that my name check is pending since June 2004 though my wife’s name check is cleared long ago. She told me to contact FBI and ask them to expedite my case. She said calling FBI is worth while but don’t know their number. Does any one know their phone numbers? I emailed them about a month ago but got no response even for my wife’s case.
485 LUD 10/27/04, 1/10/05, 2/25/05 (EAD approved on 2/28/05)
Name Check pending since June 2004

emergency ?

Lingeron,

What is the emergency number you called ? The USCIS reps usually don't tell you any checks that are pending ... or maybe I was never told one.

-Sonpapdi

Please clarify..

Hi Guys,
I am new to forum. Can someone please clarify about the FBI name check. is it different from finger printing? when will you be required to do that? will the INS mandate us to do that or is it case by case issue? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
lingeron said:
(949)389-3007..

I guess if you are lucky then they will tell you any thing you ask..

you are right if you are lucky (or the person at the other end is more sensitive) they will talk. they will even discuss your 140 application and be even try to assuage your anxiety. i have seen 2 such people.

regarding the next post: finger printing is to see if your finger print is in the fbi databank. usually it isn't and that step clears easily. but name check is when they check your name against their database. names are not unique so if your name is john doe and if they find a john in the DB they will flag your case for detailed in depth search. that is when the trouble starts. it doesn't matter if your whole name doesn't match even if part of it matches they will hold u back. national security after all... :cool: :(

i am stuck in this whole quagmire and don't know how to pull myself out. i have contacted my congressman and see what he can do...

anyways good luck...

Dude ..

Dudes .. This is bull man .. I called that number and they immediately tell you to contact the NSIC number. I don't know how did fell for this

-Sonpapdi

sonpapdi said:
Dudes .. This is bull man .. I called that number and they immediately tell you to contact the NSIC number. I don't know how did fell for this

-Sonpapdi
what is bull? you have never been able to contact anyone on the emergency number?

Keep trying

You need to keep trying every 2 hrs and one good soul will answer. I tried 8 times and got through finally

appreaciate !!

Well I do appreciate your motivation and courage to call them as often but unfortunately it doesn't happen for me .. I tried calling them 6 times today and everytime they said call the NSC number. Maybe I don't have the right kind of weaning as you folks do ?

-Sonpapdi

Try calling in morning around 9.30AM that may work. I just called and he gave me the reason why it is pending, basically waiting for name search to be completed with FBI.

140 RD - 2/9/04, 140 AD - 11/2/04
485 RD - 47/04
EAD - May 2004, AD
FP - June, 2004
2nd EAD - Feb 2005, AD
485 LUD - 10/27/04, 11/02/04, 11/03/04

Where would I find my alien number.

I called (800) 375 – 5283 to get the status of my 485 and person who answered, needed my Alien number. Where would I find it?
I-140 ND - (04/04)
I-485 ND - (05/04)
I-140 AD - (12/04)

Finally got a chance !!

I called them and one of them responded that my application is name check pending.
I asked him how to get this information but he refused to give me any more details.

This sucks !!

-sonpapdi

A number

moonshiner,
You can find your Alien number or A# on your EAD card or Advance Parole document. One usually get their A# when they visit local office for finger printing..

Thanks for the information lingeron.
I called up the emergency number and they let me know that they are doing a backround check in each of the 3 countries for which I was a citizen.
That could take anywhere between 6 months to a year.

Well guess I have to wait.

sorry to hear that my friend. i wonder how they would conduct background check in the three countries you lived.
Baywatcher

baywatcher said:
sorry to hear that my friend. i wonder how they would conduct background check in the three countries you lived.
Baywatcher

Baywatcher:
Any update with your case?
Nvmnd

nvmnd said:
Baywatcher:
Any update with your case?
Nvmnd
nvmnd, nope, nothing yet. but I have a good feeling that any time this year. :) . from what i saw on this board, it's between 6 months and 12 months.
sitting tight.
baywatcher

baywatcher said:
nvmnd, nope, nothing yet. but I have a good feeling that any time this year. :) . from what i saw on this board, it's between 6 months and 12 months.
sitting tight.
baywatcher

Good to hear about your good feeling:) I have actually reduced my frequency of checking online status and this board since last week. The day will come for all of us, sooner or later, right?

Is this the name check status line ?

Is this the name check status line, I tried calling and asking about my name check, all i got was a rude response :(

Thanks!
lingeron said:
Just called Emergency number and she told me that my name check is pending since June 2004 though my wife’s name check is cleared long ago. She told me to contact FBI and ask them to expedite my case. She said calling FBI is worth while but don’t know their number. Does any one know their phone numbers? I emailed them about a month ago but got no response even for my wife’s case.
485 LUD 10/27/04, 1/10/05, 2/25/05 (EAD approved on 2/28/05)
Name Check pending since June 2004