What ND are they processing now?

curious_member

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

the processing is screwing with my head!!! Some people with 2000 cases are still not adjusted. Then other people with ND 2002 are being adjusted. Do you guys know what the criteria is? Is it
a) based on the country your are from
b) based on the state you are in?
c) based on something else?

Please share your thoughts.

If, we knew the criteria, we'll be less screwed up.
The answer is no, we don't know. Everything the USCIS does is shrouded in mystery.

My only guess is they move on to other cases, if the old cases are on hold due to unsatisfactory RFE's or their security clearance is taking more time.
That way they can speed up the processing time for easier more recent applicants without being slowed down by older complex cases.

Life would be fair if it was FIFO, but I'm afraid life is not fair.

To curious member

Since there is no longer 10,000 cap and the uscis has to adjust as so many 33,000 applications by 2007 and since there willbe a maximun 6 months time to process any application from 2006,the uscis would like to move fast.That's why so many 2002 cases have been transfered to local offices.Now '' the first in first out '' does not apply any more.It depends now how nice and speedy is the officer who is handling your case.If you have a good and nice one,you will get approved quickly.If you have a bad and nasty one, you're fucked up.

Time line

RD :Aug 22,2001
Fingerprint :jul 27,2004
RFI Jul 21,2005
RFI recived by uscis: 08/09/2005
Bio letter :07/25/2005
Bio done :08/10/2005
RFE letter :08/30/2005
RFE received by uscis:09/07/2005
Approval e-mail :09/15/2005

sicker,

Unless you are from blacklisted countries, you will get approval soon. If you are, then they are just performing 'additional background check' which, unfortunatelly, can take months.

I have heard that sometimes your attitude plays a role. If you have a bad attitude then they will make you wait forever. :D :D

kjonim32 said:
WHAT COUTRIES ARE BLACKLISTED?
MY BEST REGARDS,
KJONIM32

NO country is "Black-listed" per say.... I don't know how this myth developed on this forum. They run a regular FBI check on everybody and thats it.

Well, by September 2006 DHS promised to approve all pending cases I believe.... They have 1 year to go and almost 4 years of wait. HOW THEY CAN POSSIBLY GO FROM 4 year WAIT TO 6 MONTHS??????????? I dont think it's possible. :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
SIbmx said:
Well, by September 2006 DHS promised to approve all pending cases I believe.... They have 1 year to go and almost 4 years of wait. HOW THEY CAN POSSIBLY GO FROM 4 year WAIT TO 6 MONTHS??????????? I dont think it's possible. :mad:

So from May to Sep they have almost done all of 2000 and 2001 with 2002 close to be done. With this pace, it will be easy to eliminate the backlog.

samird said:
So from May to Sep they have almost done all of 2000 and 2001 with 2002 close to be done. With this pace, it will be easy to eliminate the backlog.

I am sorry bud, but you are wrong: people with 2000, 2001, 2002 ND's still waiting. If we see 2003 approvals by December, 2005 I may believe in DHS.