What kind of legal status are my wife and child after my naturalization?

Thanks BigJoe5 and anxiouscdn2. I just want to be sure if you don't mind. My child was borned before I got naturalized. So what you two suggested still valid, right?

Thanks again.

The law for derivative citizenship is structured so that it requires all the requirements be fulfilled before the child gets too old. The order in which the events occur is not important. The child derives citizenship as of the date that the last condition is met. In this case the citizenship will be automatically acquired upon entry as a lawful permanent resident.

The law for derivative citizenship is structured so that it requires all the requirements be fulfilled before the child gets too old. The order in which the events occur is not important. The child derives citizenship as of the date that the last condition is met. In this case the citizenship will be automatically acquired upon entry as a lawful permanent resident.

Ok. Now I am clear. One more thing which bothers me is that....
I chatted with my lawyer whether I can just apply US passport for my child once he enters US as a LPR. This way my son can gain citizenship quickly without all the hassle of going through N-600. He said while that may theoretically be possible, he did went that route for one of his clients over six months ago, and they still have not received their passport, and it is much more difficult to follow up on those cases. Therefore, he suggests N-600K is the safest way to go.

Someone I thought as long as the requirement for acquiring citizenship through Child Citizenship Act 2000 is met, getting the passport for the child should be 100% successful rate. Is this right?

Ok. Now I am clear. One more thing which bothers me is that....
I chatted with my lawyer whether I can just apply US passport for my child once he enters US as a LPR. This way my son can gain citizenship quickly without all the hassle of going through N-600. He said while that may theoretically be possible, he did went that route for one of his clients over six months ago, and they still have not received their passport, and it is much more difficult to follow up on those cases. Therefore, he suggests N-600K is the safest way to go.

Someone I thought as long as the requirement for acquiring citizenship through Child Citizenship Act 2000 is met, getting the passport for the child should be 100% successful rate. Is this right?

Are you sure you are citing the correct FORM. The one for automatic acquisition under INA 320 is N-600. The N-600K is for qualified USC parents residing abroad with their alien children only, pursuant to INA 322. If your lawyer is not clear on something as simple as that, get a new lawyer or just do it yourself.