What is Favorable Recommendation?

iamjob

I am applying J-1 Waiver

The most recent status shows Favorable Recommendation has been sent.

I am wondering what does that mean?

Will the Recommendation reach me or other party?

What should I do after that?

Thank you very much!

You will get a copy of the letter and that copy is sufficient to apply for H1 or AOS/CP.

The original goes to USCIS and in 2-3 month they will send you a notice of action, which is the actual document waiting your J-1 HRR (but again, the department of state letter is sufficient too).

You will get a copy of the letter and that copy is sufficient to apply for H1 or AOS/CP.

The original goes to USCIS and in 2-3 month they will send you a notice of action, which is the actual document waiting your J-1 HRR (but again, the department of state letter is sufficient too).

Are you sure about this? That one can apply for AOS/GC after getting the No Objection letter from the DoS? In other words, one doesn't have to wait until the USCIS Waiver approval comes through, to apply for AOS?

AP

hi Iamjob,

i am too in the same state as you are and i applied for a J-1 waiver with the visa waiver division and it has been 3 weeks that i applied and when i check the status online , then it shows that there is no information with my case number ......I want to ask you one question and it is that after how many days after you sent all ur documents to the visa waiver division were you able to check your status??

Your reply to my question is very much appreciated..
thanks...

Hi mins ,

thanks for the reply...

i am able to check the status of my waiver application online....can some one tell me as to how many days after your home country embassy in Washington D.C has sent the NOC , can you actually see that the DOS has received the NOC , when you try to check the status online....

I am asking this as my home country has sent the NOC to the DOS and also sent a copy to me , which i received about 3 weeks back, so i am just curious as to how much time do the DOS takes to update their online status that they received it....
thanks,
Regards,

A.

can u help me

hi my name is sadia i have come in usa in august 2007 on j-1 visa (2 years rules applies )(i have one year visa)as
Montessori teacher i m working on this visa can i get married with green card holder boy or i can only get
married with citizen bcoz i dont want to go back from here and want to get married as soon as possible please
tell me what to do and how to do ???my visa is going to be finished in july 4,2009 i m worry about it
please let me know if u know somthing..my e mail address is sadia_sms@yahoo.com cell no 703-622-9203
hi Iamjob,

i am too in the same state as you are and i applied for a J-1 waiver with the visa waiver division and it has been 3 weeks that i applied and when i check the status online , then it shows that there is no information with my case number ......I want to ask you one question and it is that after how many days after you sent all ur documents to the visa waiver division were you able to check your status??

Your reply to my question is very much appreciated..
thanks...

hi my name is sadia i have come in usa in august 2007 on j-1 visa (2 years rules applies )(i have one year visa)as
Montessori teacher i m working on this visa can i get married with green card holder boy or i can only get
married with citizen bcoz i dont want to go back from here and want to get married as soon as possible please
tell me what to do and how to do ???my visa is going to be finished in july 4,2009 i m worry about it
please let me know if u know somthing..my e mail address is sadia_sms@yahoo.com cell no 703-622-9203