What is a Yellow Letter?

I disagree. An standard interview is always scheduled after the case is transferred to a local office, as a typical LUD update message shows.

Not every case is subject to an initial IL and reschedule, though. Normal cases typically go through a standard interview.

My point is that the interview letter is from NBC

This is very weird. They should be doing background checks starting from the FP, not before. Usually the first step is FP and name check. Getting FP appointment after 1 year is very unusual.

That is exactly what I thought, but I've heard and spoken to the people at the immigration office at infopass appointments, and they've told me that it doesn't need to happen in that specific order. Now I'm assuming the IO knew what he was talking about - though to me it still seems odd. I was under the impression that FPs first then all the background checks. That being said, the letter that I got back from the congressman was specifically stating that is was the background check that was holding the whole process up. This letter was WAY BEFORE the FPs took place last week. Again, seems odd, very odd to me for things to be happening in this order, but they have. Has anyone ever had (or heard) the process taking this order?

My point is that the interview letter is from NBC

That's the point of this discussion. Why would NBC send the IL letter when the interview is scheduled by the DO? Perhaps, sending it is just a formality. After the DO makes a scheduling decision about the date and time as well as the list of the documents to bring, it updates the centralized database which triggers an IL?!

That's the point of this discussion. Why would NBC send the IL letter when the interview is scheduled by the DO? Perhaps, sending it is just a formality. After the DO makes a scheduling decision about the date and time as well as the list of the documents to bring, it updates the centralized database which triggers an IL?!

I believe interview is scheduled by NBC. But NBC schedule interview based upon each DO's avalibility. In other words, how many DOs are out there, how many interview queue NBC can manage. They can place each
application into corresponding queue based upon aplicant's address.

I could not agree more that NBC (obviously) sorts the cases into different queues to be sent to local offices (DO's). But still the DO has the last word as to the date and time of the interviews and hence decides when the IL should be sent out--it holds the triggers on the IL issuance.

I received my Yellow letter (asking my driver license or state ID) even before my finger print...