• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

what if my dv lottery is denied by us consulate

Thank you for your reply..I also talked with our lawyer who did the process for H visas..She said you have nothing wrong that will let them deny your green card..Your status is good in US. She said if they deny for any other reason like not complete documents , they won't cancel your h4..It is apart from green card then..But she said your police records and any other things are fine iN uS..Your husband works leally here and you are legal here..So she said h4 wont be a problem..

Dv lottery denied----need advice

HELLO,
My younger brother, a Nigerian was denied a DV lottery 2009 on the 15th of October 2009 in Lagos, Nigeria. He was denied because he was not able to remember his NECO exam number. Is it possible to appeal?

ken

Did he get the outcome (denyal) in writing? Did he have proof of his diploma's and where the paprs originals and name on it the same as on his birth certificate?

Just this week was in the news that Nigeria is cracking down on fraud and hundreds of people and, more were looked into due to paper fraud and internet scams....due to that reason the US embassy might check everything even more.

I think he will have a hard time since Sept. 30 2009 has passed and this is a new fiscal yr, so he has to enter again...but IMO he will have a harder time to even get a visa, because on all papers he has to fill out he has been denied for a visa in the past and they will check it even more. If you think unjustice has taken place you can always ask for advise from a lawyer and go from there, but you know lawyers will charge by the hour for cases like this...

Last edited by a moderator:
HELLO,
My younger brother, a Nigerian was denied a DV lottery 2009 on the 15th of October 2009 in Lagos, Nigeria. He was denied because he was not able to remember his exam number. Is it possible to appeal?

ken

Hello kennyyak2002,

I am sorry to hear about your brother. What is NECO?

How come your brother had an interview in October 2009 being a DV2009 winner? The fiscal year for 2009 ended September 30 2009.