What if I485 denied

wanttobefree

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody. I am new in the forum and want to thank everybody for help. I am waiting for my I-485 approval (my asylyum case was approved in 2002 and I aplied for GC in 2003).

Now, my question is what if they deny my I-485, can I appeal or complain. What can I do?

Thanks again.

wanttobefree said:
Hi everybody. I am new in the forum and want to thank everybody for help. I am waiting for my I-485 approval (my asylyum case was approved in 2002 and I aplied for GC in 2003).

Now, my question is what if they deny my I-485, can I appeal or complain. What can I do?

Thanks again.

Is there a specific reason that make you worried that your I-485 will be denied? Generally people are approved routinely.

wanttobefree said:

Thanks again.

Dear wanttobefree:

If anybody denied, INS will send you to immigration court to see the judge. I met a Chinese lady who was denied, then she was sent to the court. Maybe there is 4 years to play " appeal, deny, etc till the top court". Before it could take longer, now is only 4 years. In the 4 years, it is enough for you to go the third country to escape your life.

Mr. Thankful, Am I right?

cody2 said:
Dear wanttobefree:

If anybody denied, INS will send you to immigration court to see the judge. I met a Chinese lady who was denied, then she was sent to the court. Maybe there is 4 years to play " appeal, deny, etc till the top court". Before it could take longer, now is only 4 years. In the 4 years, it is enough for you to go the third country to escape your life.

Mr. Thankful, Am I right?
I believe you are incorrect. In case of I485 denial you get to keep your asylee status and can apply for it again. Same as getting Citizenship denied.

wanttobefree said:

Thanks again.

In principle you go back to AS which you can stay indefinitely as long as keep status and as long as your CoP doesn't fundamentally changes.

To be sent back to court can only mean they found some problems in your original AS application and you are removable.

Yes, this is exactly what I have been asking... I have more : What if your citizenship is denied.. Can you still keep your GC, re-apply next time after waiting for a statutory period ?

More, where can you go if they revoke your AS, or GC, or citizenship if no country takes you ?

More, why do INS waste so much time ( for them and for applicants ) to repeatedly ask FP in ASC ? They already stored your FP+Bio in computer, why don't they automatically submit it to FBI checkup every 15 months, instead of sending RFE, ASC showup, waiting , etc ? They already have stored everybody's FP when entering US ( from Jan 2005 )... They already have your FP when AS in proceeding..

Thanks all of you for your responses.

The reason I started this thread was that I have read somewhere if they deny I-485 (for asylee), that is already the last step and they will deport you.

Now, thank to you, I see it was wrong.

wanttobefree said:
Thanks all of you for your responses.

The reason I started this thread was that I have read somewhere if they deny I-485 (for asylee), that is already the last step and they will deport you.

Now, thank to you, I see it was wrong.

Again given the the easy availability of I-602 waivers, denials are very rare.

If they deny the application because of you committed of a violent crime, for example, they will strip your asylum status and deport you.

If the denial is because of HIV status, on the other hand, you will stay in asylum status indefinitely.

What happens if they deny asylee's I485 because political (or other depending on your case) situation in your country has changed.

Will the asylee have right to reaply or will he have a change to prove something? Will he have some other options to stay in US?