What if GC is approved while primary applicant is not in US

WhyThisDelay

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to visit India in March/april and my PD will become current on March 1. I do not have a valid visa stamp in passport, although I do have AP approved.

Will there be any problem if my GC gets approved while I'm not in US? I mean will it cause any problem while entering back to US using the advance parole?

Gurus - please comment.

No problem

It will cause no problem. Just make sure you return to the US before your AP expires.

as long as you have a valid AP you should be fine. However I do hear ppl say that even if you have an AP you could still be denied entry or questioned by us customs if you have invalid visa...

buzzhd said:
However I do hear ppl say that even if you have an AP you could still be denied entry or questioned by us customs if you have invalid visa...

Wether you have a valid visa or not is completely irrelevant. AP is used in place of a visa.

TheRealCanadian said:
Wether you have a valid visa or not is completely irrelevant. AP is used in place of a visa.

Is it necessary to return I-94 before you leave US at the airport if you intend to use AP to come back without applying for any new visa in Inidia?

fastapproval said:
Is it necessary to return I-94 before you leave US at the airport if you intend to use AP to come back without applying for any new visa in Inidia?

If you're travelling outside of North America, you should turn in the I-94 no matter what you plan to do on re-entry.